Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Rock Stacker

Default For Sale: FJ-40 Project

Circumstances are forcing sale of a start-from-scratch project.
1970 FJ-40. Vehicle is from New Mexico - virtually no rust.

Plan was to build a mild crawler/expedition/highway friendly vehicle with sprung over FJ-60 axles, outboard springs, freshly built Gen I 5.7 Vortec, soft top, 35s. Suspension parts and design are from Redline in Colorado Springs.

Current state of vehicle is bare frame - sandblasted and ready for welding spring perches, engine mounts and everything else. Body is stripped of every nut and bolt and ready for paint prep. L460E automatic. Front housing is cut-and-turned with new perches. Lexus GS 470 brakes. Pre-fabbed rear-anti-wrap bar. No transfercase, no rear axle, no seats. Everything else is available, organized and ready to be boxed and moved including every possible engine accessory pulled from donor vehicle.

I also have tools including acetylene, MIG and stick welders and a supply of steel stock for part fabrication. Considerable amount of hand tools. Engine stand, floor jacks, engine hoist with leveler....

This post is to gauge interest.

If you are looking for a design-and-build-your-own-custom-exactly-what-you want-40 project here it is. I am prepared to lose a substantial amount of my investment and am anxious to clear out my garage.

Please call me with any serious inquiries and I will be happy to discuss all the details and can supply photographs.

The photos attached show the rig as I received it earlier this year, the frame as is and the engine.

Located in Salida.

Thanks for any interest.

john
505-238-2840
juane1@swcp.com
Attached Images