Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default 97 FZj80 FS - SOLD

SOLD

I've decided it's time for me to move on. So I'm selling my 97 FZJ80. It's red with 252k miles. Tan interior. I thought I'd see if any of my fellow Rising Sun members would be interested before I put it out there publicly.

It's got the factory roof rack, an OME medium lift, Short Bus front bumper and Slee rear with no tire carrier. Slee sliders and the small t-case skid plate. Scion radio with aftermarket (I think Pioneer) speakers and a sub with an amp. Slee headlight harness, Slee auxiliary light harness with PIAA lights. Landtank MAF mod. I gave away the 3rd row seats last year, unfortunately. It's got a Ham radio and CB in it I would probably keep. Courtesy lights inside are all LED. I put in an auxiliary power block and it has some extra power outlets at the rear base of the center console. All the windows and door locks work. Leather is in pretty good shape, and a little worn on the drivers seat.

It had some braking shimmy, but I just replaced the front rotors and 100 series pads, which took care of that. I’ve got rears to put in, too. I was told a while back the PS high pressure hose needs replacing. I have one but haven't put it in, yet. It has the driveshaft clunk. I'm planning on pulling the rear shaft and cleaning it and re-greasing it. Should fix that. It does throw a P0401 once in a while when it is hot out, and the light goes off after a while when it is cold. It uses about a quart of oil every 3000 miles, which Bill Van Beek told me a while ago was "within spec". I’m running a set of 5 285/75 R16 BFG ATs that have pretty good tread on them and I have another complete, almost new set to replace them with, if you are interested. Otherwise I’ll sell the second set separately. I bought the cruiser in 1995 with about 150k miles on it, so I’ve put about 100k miles on it. I’ve got a little book I’ve kept track of all the servicing in.

All in all, for a truck its age it is in pretty good shape. No evidence of head gasket leak. I replaced the PHH years ago. It got hailed on a couple of summers ago, but the paint less dent repair guy Christo sent me to did an amazing job. You can't even tell! Didn't do the roof, though because you can't see it. Left rear mud flap came off last time I went to Moab and I've just left it off. A couple of the fender flares are loose and scraped, but a lot of guys just take them off anyway.

Comes with 2 keyless entry fobs, 3 keys and the Toyota FSM
Here are a couple of pictures. You can download more here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Vk&usp=sharing

PS – Just in case you were wondering, I plan to replace it with a newer 4Runner or Tacoma. So I’ll still be around.
Attached Images

Last edited by Shark Bait; 08-21-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Rising Sun Member

Forwarded this to a buddy who's in the market. GLWS, Chris!

imhighlander
1993 FZJ80
TLCA #22433
1993 FZJ80 - locked & lifted. Needs some armor.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Any interest at all out there? Am I way off on the price?

Old 08-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Club Treasurer

I don't think the price is way off, considering the build. I have too many trucks already man! Do you have it up on mud?

67 FJ40 LC Tan
94 RN101 PU Pewter
95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
00 VZN185 4Runner SR5 Desert Dune
Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dang, Chris. I want your bumpers.
TLCA #22433
1993 FZJ80 - locked & lifted. Needs some armor.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Lifted

Send a message via AIM to thelal Send a message via MSN to thelal Send a message via Yahoo to thelal Send a message via Skype™ to thelal

Chris - nice setup

FYI
I've a set of 3rd row seats (grey) with extra lapbelt but would have to ship from Seattle (if someone picks up your rig and wants some). bummer had tan but now only grey left. Might be able to persuade the guy I sold it to, to swap the seats?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
I don't think the price is way off, considering the build. I have too many trucks already man! Do you have it up on mud?
Thanks Dan. Yes, it's on Mud and CL. I guess I need to give it some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelal View Post
Chris - nice setup

FYI
I've a set of 3rd row seats (grey) with extra lapbelt but would have to ship from Seattle (if someone picks up your rig and wants some). bummer had tan but now only grey left. Might be able to persuade the guy I sold it to, to swap the seats?
Thanks. I appreciate the offer. I will pass along the info if someone wants 3rd rows.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Craigslist ad http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4613437495.html

Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Rock Stacker

If this was six months from now would be all over it but Im still working on saving my pennies. Good luck with the sale thats a beautiful truck.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Rising Sun member

Good luck with sale Chris! I know if I were in the market, the mileage would be the biggest worry, so you might want to mention availability of records and services performed.

Also FWIW you might want to show a pic of nice clean engine bay and clean undercarriage to show how well it's been taken care of

Hope you find a good/the right buyer soon
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD