Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 08-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Rock Stacker

Default New 100 Owner - Lift Questions?

Hello,

I am a proud new owner of a 2006 LC with AHC. I want to go with a 2.5" lift from Slee. I am having trouble deciding between the heavy or medium load kit. When looking at the Slee site and comparing the kits the only difference between the 2 are the rear coil springs and $58.

Can anyone tell me if the medium load coil springs are noticeably smoother than the ones on the heavy? If there is not that much of a difference than why not spend the extra $58 and just get the heavy, right? That is my dilemma, I am not planning to put on an aftermarket front/rear bumper on this year. The vehicle will be my daily commuter for about a year and then I will work on turning it into a weekend expedition machine. I do some off roading but nothing major. I also camp, fish and hike when I can. I purchased the LC because of its capability and my 4 Runner was starting to get a little to small once loaded up. So my question once again is, Are the medium lift coil springs that much smoother, comfortable than the heavies?

Thanks.

Last edited by ChewBaca; 08-24-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: additonal info.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Do you ever tow anything? What about a motorcycle in the hitch? Do you have a fridge? plan to do drawers? If any of that, I'd probably go with the heavy springs. If none of that, then go with the medium springs.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 08-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Rising Sun Member

I agree with Tim. Although I'd add that you want to also ask yourself how long it will be until you get aftermarket bumpers, drawers, fridge, etc...

If its gonna be a year, get the heavies. But, if its gonna be 5 years, may think about the mediums still, simply because plans change, and needs/wants for a rig evolve over time. Or, run mediums and if it sags with weight, stick some spacers up top to level the truck, but maintain the ride.

Or, you can always roll like me and change your mind a million times a year, and constantly be swapping things in and out and so forth. Nothing like spending money twice, yah? Or 3x.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM

I was in the same dilemma when I purchased my 03. Decided to go with the mediums and I'm very pleased with the ride quality. I agree with AxleIke, you can always swap out the springs later and sell the mediums. The cost delta would be minimal.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Christo and Ben will steer you right, just talk to them.
TLCA#4180