Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Default FEAT Update - time to sign up!

I signed up last year, but it never snowed enough to get called into action. Maybe things will be different this winter?

Quote:
FEAT NEWS

The Four wheel Emergency Assistance Team has been around since 1984. We work with and have a written agreement with the City of Denver’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM).
Al Fink, of the Pinzguaers 4wd club, and myself are still wringing out the FEAT software that the City of Denver has put together for us. Using ZIP codes and a zoning system of the metro area I created, it will basically identify and assign a driver to a rider’s request and track the event in real time.

Mile-Hi Jeep Club has agreed to provide a FEAT service to Avista Hospital and the new Exempla Hospital in Louisville and is in the process of negotiating an agreement.
Creeper Jeepers of Durango is planning on providing FEAT services to the new hospital being built in Durango.

FEAT is a program of the Colorado Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc (CoA4WDCI); FEAT members do not need to be a member of an association club. However, I would like for you to investigate the idea of becoming either a member club, a member of one of our clubs or become a Supporting Member. Go to www.hightrails.org and check us out.

NEW FEAT TEAM

Jefferson County’s OEM recently contacted me about participating in FEAT. Working with Denver’s OEM, we established a method to include Jeffco OEM during snow emergencies.
Jeffco’s OEM asked me about assisting in other than snow emergency events and we have worked out a tentative agreement. This will be a FEAT Emergency Response Team for Jeffco.

We will provide basic 4x4 transportation where needed for whatever event Jeffco OEM needs. I would envision we would assist in forest fires by moving material and personnel by 4x4 where there may not be any roads. It could also be helping with a natural disaster or flood.
To sign up for a regular FEAT Team or the new Jeffco Emergency Response FEAT Team, go to www...hightrails.org and click on “FEAT “and “application”.

FEAT Snow Storm Procedures
When there is a weather forecast for at least a 6 inch snow storm, I will send out a FEAT ALERT, which is your indication to stand-by for action.
You should now take the following action:
1. Be sure your 4x4 is full of gas and is in good working order.
2. Make sure your 4x4 has the following items:
a. Drinking water
b. tire chains/tow straps/emergency flares
c. city map or atlas
d. Shovel

When activated, be sure to bring the following items with you:
1. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged and don't forget to take your vehicle charger with you. Or take a lot of quarters for phone calls.
2. Clip board and /or paper and pencil (pens freeze up)
3. Bring extra:
a. Gloves/socks/shoes/boots/pants
b. Thermos for hot coffee/hot chocolate
c. NO ALCOHOL.

When the Denver OEM decides to activate FEAT, our dispatchers will travel to the OEM "bullpen" and activate the FEAT software system. The OEM is located in the basement of the Denver City and County building. We will start calling drivers to ascertain your availability. YOU MAY ALSO CALL US AT 720-865-7620 or 7621 to talk to the dispatchers. (These phone numbers are not activated until FEAT is activated.) DO NOT RELEASE THESE PHONE NUMBERS TO THE PUBLIC. They are only for drivers to contact the FEAT dispatchers.

As riders request come in we will contact you with an assignment. You will be given the name, address, and phone numbers of your rider(s). Contact them to make sure you know where they are located and get directions, if needed. You will also have to establish a Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA). We are requesting that ride requesters allow at least a two-hour time-frame from pick-up to delivery.

We only transport Denver's emergency service personnel, i.e., police, firemen, public health workers, computer tech, nurses, etc. We will NOT transport the general public or medical emergencies. You are NOT required to jump-start vehicles, tow a vehicle, start a stalled vehicle or shovel snow.

Do NOT ask for nor accept tips. We will accept donations to FEAT to help with administrative costs. Please forward all donations to me.
Once you have delivered your passenger, call the FEAT dispatchers and report in. We will either have another assignment for you or ask you to stand-by at that location.

Now, the only thing to do is Pray for Snow, so we can go play!!!!!!!!

Thanks for being a FEAT volunteer.

Gene W. King
FEAT Chairman
CoA4WDCI Land Use Chairman
303-425-7480
gwking33@msn.com

www.gamiviti.com

Old 11-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Rising Sun member

Bump for those who want to join up this year!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Rising Sun member

Bump! Hope for snow!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

anyone else get the postcard about the FEAT get together?
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDŘTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I just got an info packet in the mail, but no post card. I am signed up again though..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

I need to un-signup. The email address listed above for Gene King just bounced back to me as invalid.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

I bet you could simply un sign up when (if) they call you to check your availability.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Also, try feat@hightrails.org or (303) 425-7480.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Rising Sun member

I got a call tonight! Woo hoo!
Rising Sun Bio
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Gene-at-BigBlueToy.com is current... and I got a call tonight too! Kinda glad I'm not driving down from the foothills tomorrow, though I'm sure it's pretty up there tonight.

www.gamiviti.com