Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 09-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default 100 rear bumper

So I got my rig back from Oleg. He is a good man. I told him I'd like similar to Rachel's. Center the spare, beef up the reciever so I can flat tow a 40, and chop the rear crossmember to gain even more clearance. This is what they came up with.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Hard Core 4+

see more at http://irbisoffroad.com/LC1OO-REAR-BUMPER.asp
Old 09-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

It might be time to mod that crazy resonator thing. That turned out really nice!
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 09-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

Looking good there Farnham , looks like your ready for the "Outlaws Run" this year .

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 09-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

sorry Perry don't think I'm making outlaws this year. Wife says I'm allowed but I have to bring both kids. One I could handle, two, not a chance on my own. Anyone want to help me look after two kids? Ages 11months and 27 months. Not pottty trained.

I'll be in Moab Oct 27-Nov 5. I've got a permit to do White Rim 30th and 31st. Holloween on the White Rim, We've already got costumes for the kids.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Great looking bumper! So chopping the rear crossmember: your idea or Oleg's?
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

Idea was from TrailLex article a while back. Oleg tried to dissuade me really. But I wanted the extra clearance. He thought I'd loose some resale, and is probably right. I'm very pleased. All the other 100 bumpers just stuck out so far. The hitch is important to me for towing and bike rack. Most of the receiver hitches looked like a pain to get the pin in. Choping the cross member ment plenty of room to bolt bike rack into the receiver. And if your gonna cut it why not cut it short. Having a step there was not important to me as I never load the roof from the rear. Have side load Thule box for roof.