Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Went to get my Emissions today

Plates are due and it's the other year that requires emissions. Go sit in the waiting room and they come to get me to tell me I was passed by a roadside tester and I don't need to have the test. Saved $25.

I remember seeing those vans and setups on the on ramp to I-225 several times.

They told me Motor vehicles will have a record so I don't need proof. Too bad they couldn't include that on the renewal card so I didn't have to go down there.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 10-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

I made sure to hit as many of those roadside tests as I could over a three month period. You can look up the locations and times online. They send me a card saying vehicle emmisions required so I sold the truck so I wouldn't have to deal with that place. Colorado Air Care Inc. is pure evil
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 10-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Trail Ready

I had too pass emissions last week and didn't pass (barely) so I took it in and they said needs carb rebuilt and I had til the 10th til the temps expired so I took the easy route and registered it to my dads house in weld county (no emissions required) I am still planning to install a offenhauser with a holley truck avenger though and it should pass then but I will take the easy route for now!
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Cummins
18 foot P&J flat bed
Old 10-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd270ben
I had too pass emissions last week and didn't pass (barely) so I took it in and they said needs carb rebuilt and I had til the 10th til the temps expired so I took the easy route and registered it to my dads house in weld county (no emissions required) I am still planning to install a offenhauser with a holley truck avenger though and it should pass then but I will take the easy route for now!
while you've got it registered there, get collector plates and you won't have to deal with emissions.
ige tlca #1431
Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:

lfd270ben-

Where you at in Louisville? I am sure I would have spotted a red 40 around town, I am off of Cherry Street by Sams club.

I drive a Smurf blue 40...

Drew

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Trail Ready

I live off pine and owl off via appia on nighthawk circle feel free to check it out Im not driving it much right now due to its stellar heater lol
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Cummins
18 foot P&J flat bed
Old 10-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
I live off pine and owl off via appia on nighthawk circle feel free to check it out Im not driving it much right now due to its stellar heater lol
I've seen you around a couple times, wondered who had the tall red 40. Louisville has a very high cruiser per capita rating, sadly I'm no longer contributing to that score - I was seduced by heat, brakes, leather and all the other good stuff that goes into a 3rd gen 4runner.
-Matt
Old 10-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

If anyone really *wants* the drive-by, their truck is set up on the ramp from southbound Kipling to westbound 6th on a fairly regular basis. I used to drive by that van pretty often before I diid my engine refresh and sometimes wondered of the cloud of blue smoke from the worn out rings didn't make their equipent crazy.

A couple years before they started doing that, I was on the blow off work run and Kevin Ehrlick was behind me before going up stump hill (before they closed tha route), and he complained about by blue smoke cloud from my tailpipe. I explained (before shutting the engine down in deference) that it *wished* it was a diesel!

;-)
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Rising Sun Commander

There's one in Broomfield too, onramp leaving sb 287/Wads headed up on 36 towards Boulder.

www.gamiviti.com