Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Help in Ft. Collins?

Hey all, my daughter Casey is going to CSU, working 2 jobs and trying to get her 1987 Corolla fixed.. The power steering belt and pulley came off so I ordered the nut, sheer pin and fluid form Stevensons and my son picked it up. He drove up and re-installed the pulley and belt, got everything cinched up and the PS still did not work. I then concluded that it is the pump, so I ordered a PS pump, thinking she could find someone local to install it. After calling some shops, most will not even do the work unless they provide the part and the one that will wants to charge her $170.00 for about an hours work . Well this is very frustrating, so I thought I would post up here to see if anyone knows of a shop or individual in FC that can help her out, she is willing to pay for the work, I just think that $170.00 is too much. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

All the best, Brian

trail rig
Trinidad, CO
Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Don't know of any shops but happy to offer a hand. Problem is I don't really have a place to work as long as there's snow on the ground so not sure if I'd be up any real help at this point. If push comes to shove I'd shuffle stuff around, though. How much harder could it be than working on a 22R-E PS pump?

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Hard Core 4+

you should try posting on the horsetooth forum on mud. they're up in the fort and i know a couple of the guys are toyota gurus
ige tlca #1431
Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Don't know of any shops but happy to offer a hand. Problem is I don't really have a place to work as long as there's snow on the ground so not sure if I'd be up any real help at this point. If push comes to shove I'd shuffle stuff around, though. How much harder could it be than working on a 22R-E PS pump?
Dave, thanks man, for the offer!! You're always so generous with your time and willingness to help!! I don't want you to have to drive up to Ft. Collins to do this. She needs to find someone local she can go to for help... As far as the difference between her 4AGE and a 22R, I think Toyota has kept things fairly similar as the pump and fluid reservoir are separated.. Thank again for the offer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
you should try posting on the horsetooth forum on mud. they're up in the fort and i know a couple of the guys are toyota gurus
Igi, Thanks, I will post on mud..

trail rig
Trinidad, CO
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Hard Core 4+

Brian, I live near Loveland.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hi Dave, I shot you a PM...

Thanks!! Brian

trail rig
Trinidad, CO