Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 12-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

When kissing the Blarney Stone, are you supposed to slip it the tongue? Please report back when you find this out.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:17 AM

I shouldn't tell you what my cousins say the locals do to the Blarney stone.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf

where is Perry now? I know it isn't Vail but.....
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 12-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf

where is Perry now? I know it isn't Vail but.....
Who knows, maybe I can meet some rich women from Aspen to fund my expedition ......

Lets see, Blarney Castle was cool. Good views from the top. Was a little disapointed though when I got to the young ladies room, only to find no young ladies ... Lots of things going on in Cork, yet I didnt get out on the town for night life at all.. From Cork, headed to the small town of Doolin for two nights. Think the population is somewhere around 60people. But they have like, 3-4pubs. No bank though. I planned to check out the Cliffs of Moher, but ended up getting a rid into Innistymon as I needed to send out a important e-mail. The weather was awesome that day, and not wanting to be boxed up in a tin can all day, I walked. Walked all the way to the cliffs. Not getting winded at all, gota love elevation . Checked out the cliffs, cool they are, though a little to Industrialized for me. I continued walking on back to Doolin, finaly hitching a ride for the last km into town.
Headed out of Doolin early this morning and ended in Sligo, originaly planned to stay for a few nights, but I think i'll change those plans. Waiting till 5pm till the reception in the hostel opens up again.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 12-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Hard Core 4+

So lets see, Sligo was interesting. Hung out in the lobby bar, not wanting to drink that much that night. Talked with the cute bar tender for a while before I met some Irish boys, who for some reason, kept on buying me . Not complaining. Had a little more than I should have. Proceded to lock myself out of the room half naked. Had to walk down to the reception like that to get somebody open the door again .
Headed back to Galway for to nights. Went to the Aran Islands, very cool place. Went out with some more folks, tested my luck with a cute Aussi girl but got shut down. Oh well.. Back down in Killarney for x-mas. Another guy I met in Galway is coming down here. Should be fun..

Old 12-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr
Proceded to lock myself out of the room half naked. Had to walk down to the reception like that to get somebody open the door again .
Headed back to Galway for to nights. Went to the Aran Islands, very cool ..
Sure they just said "Americans" while rolling their eyes

That's our ambassador
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 12-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer
Sure they just said "Americans" while rolling their eyes

That's our ambassador
Doing my best to represent you guys

Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Hard Core 4+

Well, hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend. Spent the day driving around the "Ring of Kerry" with some fellows from the hostel. An awesome area indeed. One of the American girls staying at the hostel was making pot rost and offerd some, couldnt resist some good cooking . So for the rest of the night, we ate and drank . Good times indeed. Although, I now have one more reason to dislike hippie(dirty and annoying mind you) chicks, as she seemed to "beat me to it" so to speak with one of the girls I was tryin for . Never thought about that kind of compition before ...

Oh and Ben, Ian told me the news.... Didnt seem to last to long there...

Old 12-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I think hulk has been to the ring of kerry. Maybe it was he put a ring on kerry.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Great stuff Perry, keep the trip report flowing! You'll hook up one of these nights, I just know it.. we're all pulling for you.

www.gamiviti.com