Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 12-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr
Oh and Ben, Ian told me the news.... Didnt seem to last to long there...
You mean about your replacement?? Hard to keep a job if you don't show or call , even if your a Halstead.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Figured it was time for an update. Last week has been a enjoyable one. Our last night in Killarney, the little group that was formed over x-mas, went out on the town. Joined by some Itallians. Good mix. Got to enjoy company from the American Girl(not the one I was tryin for), liked it better(have found one bad thign about hostels, won't metion here though ...).
So after Killarney, some of the group was going down to Cork, adn though I already been there, couldnt pass up good company. Plus the hostel we stayed at was a lot better than the one I was at. Originaly planned on one night, but couldnt leave my new friends till the end. Thursday, we drove out to Cobh, the last place the immagrents saw before coming to America, also where the Titanic shipped off.. Bummer that things were closed. Oh well. Said good by to my new Aussi friend and myself and the two girls headed back to Cork. The cool thing about the hostel we were at, is that it had a Movie room. So the last night we watched Goonies before hitting the pubs(one of them hadnt seen it, just crazy talk there).
Today, I thought about getting to one of the small fishing villages near Galway and head to Galway tomorrow, but then thought it might be hard to get here being New Years and all. So I just headed up today. My Aussi frined will be in tomorrow for the celebration. Should be lots of fun.

Hope you all have an Awesome new Years

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 12-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Happy New Year to you, Perry! Sounds like you've hooked up with some new friends and you're having a blast.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Sounds Fun Perry. That's the best part of traveling!
TLCA#4180
Old 01-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Well, New Years in Galway was a lot of fun. Went out with my Aussie friend and a fellow we met from the U.K. staying in the hostel. Headed out to one pub somebody had mentioned, Kings Head. Nice place, but it reminded me of back home with the music and all. Though there were a lot of people there. We decided to head back to a place across the river called the Crane Bar. Traditional music on both levels. Good place indeed. We meet some girls and hung out with them for the rest of the year. Had a good time with one of the Irish girls while hanging at the pub, but that was about it ..
We stayed one more night at the hostel and headed of today for Dublin. Booked a room in a hostel right across the street from the Guiness Factory . Planning on checking out some of the Gallerys before heading to the factory tomorrow. Sounds like it's a good tour. Then it looks like were headed out to the temple bar area tomorrow night. Have two girls from Minnisota joining us(gotta love having a in, thanks to my brother ).
Will figure things out tomorrow with what I want to do about coming home. Just got a e-mail from my Dad today about it.. Why does Ireland have to be so expensive

Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 AM
Hard Core 4+

Well, looks like the trip will soon be coming to an end. Made it 5 weeks, not bad at all. Debating on what to do for the last few days, thought about headed up to Derry for a night, but my next buss pass doesnt start for a while, and am trying to save what little money I have to make sure I can get to the airport. Maybe spend sometime today and figure it out..
As for Dublin, was a interesting city. Glad I went a checked it out, as it had lots to do. But think I enjoyed the west coast citys more. Thursday, my Aussie frined John and I headed out on the town. First, stopping by the Dublin Castle. At 4euro to get in, wasn't bad at all. Got to see a lot of the inside of the castle. Saw one of the painting in there that was worth around 8million euro. After the castle, we headed to the book of Kells in Trinity College. Cool, but not that exciting.. Checked out some of the Museums and Gallerys before ending the day with the most important stop. The Guinness Storehouse. Spent about 1.5 hours during the self guided tour before getting thirsty and going to the top bar to get a complimentry Guinness . Good views from top . Headed out for one last time together later on that night. Went to the Temple bar. Nice, but enjoyed others more.
The next day we headed out to an are north of Dublin to a site of some old barrial grounds, 5,200 years old. On the shortes day of the year, the sun will enter the chamber and light up the inside. Cool stuff. Late in the afternoon, I parted ways with my friend John and continued on. Today, I will leave for some much needed rest and figure out what to do for the last few days.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Wasatch Cruisers

Awesome, What a great read, Im sure it was more fun to see it however.
Thnkns for sharing
TLCA #8382
Wasatch Cruisers
Home of the cruiser rings
Old 01-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

You could always find some older lonely women over there to increase your funds
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 01-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Perry, can you accept paypal over there? Some other painless transfer? I'd kick in $20 or so to help sponsor you for another day or so.. sure others would too, let us know. No telling when you'll get this opportunity again! Keep the stories coming

www.gamiviti.com

Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Perry, can you accept paypal over there? Some other painless transfer? I'd kick in $20 or so to help sponsor you for another day or so.. sure others would too, let us know. No telling when you'll get this opportunity again! Keep the stories coming

Thanks for the offer, but things are all set in motion. Will be nice to get home, so I can start working on the Expedition