Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 12-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Lifted

Just one more thought: Check with Off Road Solutions. They installed my lift and they had most of the components available.

the Other Matt
Old 12-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Rock Stacker

Send a message via MSN to Vic stuff Send a message via Yahoo to Vic stuff

marlin has excellent cust service compared to all pro, IMHO. although i dont currently run any of their springs on my runner, lol. I run the 56" all pro rears Awesome flex and alcans int he fornt but they are stock length lift springs and dont flex near as good as my rears. I plan on running the longtravel marlins in the front, eventually. I've "heard" alcan is like 3 months out on ordering springs through them. Marlin is tough to get a hold of but once you do, i dont think you will be sorry. remember right now is their "busy" time with people doing their off season build ups too, i just tried to call em yesterday to order and couldnt even get thru like 10 times that i called, but i will still throw them my business over all pro after some customer service issues with all pro that i wont get into here.

95 ZJ Limited - Yes its a Jeep, buit it sure does haul groceries well!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

All right guys you all convinced me, MARLIN it is!!!!!!! I was leaning that way anyway but just needed a push. This truck is not going to be a buggy killer or anything like that but I do want to be able to handle just about anything Moab or ???? can throw at me.

Plan is to run 37's eventually and after talking to many folks I should be able to do that with a Marlin 4" frt and 5" rear plus a 1-2" body lift. Fenders will be cut, that should take care of most of the problems. I thought about 5/5" but like for the 4runner to sit level. Plus once I get the rear bumper build and the dogs in the back I will need that extra inch.

Thanks to all that replied, I feel very comfortable ordering the lift from them.

NOW who wants to help me install it???? I know I will need another set of eyes I will even provide some real green chilli and beer of choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Rock Stacker

Send a message via MSN to Vic stuff Send a message via Yahoo to Vic stuff

post up when ur ready i might be able to come help ya out!

95 ZJ Limited - Yes its a Jeep, buit it sure does haul groceries well!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

Will do, I am ordering my lift tomorrow if they answer the phone. Should be here in a week or two, that is if the snow storms stay away.

I will let you know when I can put it all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me