Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Snow and Pizza Run was deep fun.

Well that was a good time. Steve C. Thanks for pulling me out what...20 times? I think everyone pulled me out at least once. Treeroot: Thanks for breakin' trail in the deep stuff. Maybe we'll make if farther next time.

Thanks to all for the good times.
few pics before we went snow mining.

I think we're in trouble on the elephant ride trail breakin' trip. We're going to need something with tracks.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Huge fun. Just got home. The snow was so deep there really wasn't much of a "run." Just getting stuck, over and over. Started drinking beer at Beau Jo's at 2:30 and didn't leave until 6:30 -- whoops! Forgot my camera this year -- if you took any pictures of me bein' stoopid -- and there was lots o' that -- please send them to me! Thanks to Scott Yoder for organizing another great Snow Run!
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Rising Sun member

Windy and cold this morning, but then the wind calmed down to a beautiful bluebird day. Got about 150 yards up the road past the cemetary, then went farther up the paved road, then split into a "hardcore" group that blazed trail and a group that was more interested in beer and pizza at 1:00 in the afternoon

Just kidding, it was lots of fun, but a little much for me on my 31s, but I still got around after someone broke trail. Good ol' 2F powa!

So here we go: I hope people don't get mad for posting too many pictures, but:
1 - Scott lined up to go down the road. Not much of a road at this point.
2 - Red Chili making first tracks.
3 - White runner following (don't know name?)
4 - Red Chili taking alternate line and getting stuck.
5 - Hulk and Treeroot.

***If anybody has any pictures of me feel free to send them to theonlysubzali@hotmail.com***
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Rising Sun member

1 - this is far as we got. The fence on my right you can see in the pic of Red Chili stuck above.
2 - So Steve Crase (Crash) and Matt Miller with the Jeepster decided to bust drifts in the parking lot.
3 - Jeff with the 2F powered '71? FJ40, FR/RR discs on 35s decided to join in. Leinesreid joined in too, and the Jeepster broke his u-joint on his Dana 44. Typical
4 - Lexusben playing with his '85 runner, which a lot of us had forgotten about or didn't know about
5 - Treeroot blazing trail on the "hardcore" run. We got about 500-600 yards up that trail before turning around.
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
Old 01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Rising Sun member

1 - Crash and Treeroot deep in the forest
2 - Cold Ige?

It was a sweet run Scott, thanks for taking the lead again! And it's good that everyone knew we weren't going anywhere, so that helped in just enjoying the stuff we could access!
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio

Last edited by subzali; 01-07-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Rising Sun Member

It was cool to see probably more than half of the twenty or so rigs chained up! Folks without tire chains had fun but those with chains had even more fun, in my estimation. Rude Boy (Leiniesred) didn't have 'em. Your welcome, Estaban!! If the snow keeps coming on a weekly basis like it has been, we'll be able to have a snow run in May this year - after Cruise Moab!!

Last edited by Crash; 01-07-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

That's Jeff Jackson, aka "Stonewall" in the red '71. Glad to see he made it. Looks like it was lot of fun! My 40 will be ready for next year's run.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Rising Sun Member

Tire chains sure dug down and helped on my rear. The snow was deep and nasty. We all found ourselves such often when the snow got over 4 ft. thick for over a "car length". Everyone was prepared and making the best of the conditions.

We managed to have fun playing around the parking lot and trying to go up the road a few hundred yards. Oddly and unrelated, a some kids on the main road by the parking lot got taken away by the sheriff for a dui and stuff.

At 12:30 we all clanked our chains up the main road and found what I thought was the by-pass to the York Gulch intersection. Not sure. I didn't feel comfortable taking the whole group down it, so a "hard-core" group gave it go for a while. Led by Treeroot and gunned by Crash I think. I took the rest down the loop to the CC Parkway. I knew of a side area on the way, that we turned into another playground for us. Especially good for some of the guys who had had a chance to play much. We then took off our chains and went for pizza about 2:30. The hard core group met us for pizza an hour later. Good times. Great group as usual.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Fun as always. I had a feeling that the tracks from the 1/1/07 run would be gone but I was still amazed that there wasn't even a hint someone had gone up there. Snow was a crust with sand underneath and once you broke through, that was about it. Thank you for leading Scott, thanks to everyone who came out, and thank you Rising Sun for the Pizza.

Pics uploaded here: http://www.root45.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=47777
Attached Images

pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 01-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Rising Sun Member

Looks like fun, sorry I missed it but we were looking over a few properties for Rachel.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i