Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > Rising Sun Forum Help Corner

Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Default My Bio is gone!

Well, I went to go copy and paste my existing (used to be existing bio here in to the new forum, and it's gone! Where's my content? I don't want to re-write all that stuff again!
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Jeff

You'll have to create a new one. The old page was up for some time while the forum was up as well.

It shouldn't take you too long to write a paragragh or so
TLCA#4180
Old 02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
Jeff

You'll have to create a new one. The old page was up for some time while the forum was up as well.

It shouldn't take you too long to write a paragragh or so
First of all, there was no indication that the existing (used to be existing) page was going to be completely, unrecoverably deleted, or if so, what the cut-off date was.

Second, it was a lot more than a paragraph and had evolved and been added to several times over the years. I had planned to take the opportunity to review what I had written and see what had changed or needed updating, and what was good to keep.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Jeff, I recovered this from archive.org:

Bio: My name is Jeff Zepp, and I have been driving Cruisers for 22 years. I got my first one kinda by accident. It was December of 1982, and I was sick and tired of chaining up my stupid 2WD F*rd F150 just to get around in the snow, and I knew I needed a 4X4. I went up to the little used car lot in Evergreen and they had all of three 4X4s in the lot, a J**p Commando and 2 FJ40s. They really wanted to put me in that J**p, but when I test drove it, it just didn't "feel right". Don't get me wrong, I learned to drive off road when I was 12 in my Dad's 1946 Willys, and they are formidable off road vehicles, but this one was just wrong for me. Besides, I had a 10 week old baby to think of and needed something a little safer. So I ended up with the better of the two FJ40s, a 4/76. It became the family car from then on, and now has over 272,000 miles on it. After a quarter century and a quarter million miles it got too rusty, so I got a 1971 FJ40 with only 108,000 miles on it and a lot less rust for my daily driver while I restore that beloved '76. As I write this, it has been torn completely down to the frame, has been built back up to where body work is next. Lots of parts are getting replaced or refurbished in the process, anything metal that is servicable has been sandblasted to white metal and repainted, and everything too worn out or rusted through has been replaced with new. The restoration process is being documented on my web site. It's a heck of a lot more work than I thought, and has taken far longer than I thought it would, but I am learning a lot along the way.

I joined TLCA in 1996 and discovered that there were actually others out there that had this incredible loyalty to these unique vehicles...I was not alone! I discovered the Land Cruiser Mailing List in 1997 and between that and all the suppliers that I found out about through TLCA, it became a lot easier to find parts for my cruisers. I had become aware of Rising Sun through TLCA, but kept putting off checking them out, until I started in on restoring the '76. I went ahead and attended a meeting. What a great group of people! Since then I have gone on a wonderful trail ride with them, and started to get to know everyone. I was voted in as a member just in time to vote on officers, and really start feeling like one of the group.

I have many interests besides Land Cruisers. My day job is Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs at an electronics instrumentation manufacturer, and have been a hardware/software designer elsewhere. For many years I have played guitar semiprofessionally in local rock bands, enjoy hiking, backpacking, climbing, loudspeaker and amplifier design, motorcycles, recording engineering, live sound reinforcement, web design, socializing with friends and family, computers, Denver Broncos football, and lots of DIY projects. I also help out with my son's band. The first car my wife ever drove was the family Land Cruiser, and both of my kids have learned to drive on Land Cruisers. In fact my daughter drove the second half of our annual Father's Day Rising Sun trail run! Now that I have joined Rising Sun, it looks like I will be getting back to the off road roots from when I first learned to drive so many years ago!

Vehicle: 71, 76, 97 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, HZJ75

Modifications: Huh?

Runs: A couple

Favorite Wheeling Spot: Moab

Joined Rising Sun: 10/99
Attached Images

1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
First of all, there was no indication that the existing (used to be existing) page was going to be completely, unrecoverably deleted, or if so, what the cut-off date was.
Untrue. I said at the meeting in november when we decided to go this route I would leave the existing member page up for a month and it was. So I don't think you should bitch about it 4 mos later.
TLCA#4180
Old 02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Jeff, I recovered this from archive.org:
Thanks so much Matt! I appreciate it!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
Untrue. I said at the meeting in november when we decided to go this route I would leave the existing member page up for a month and it was. So I don't think you should bitch about it 4 mos later.
Sorry, Wes, I guess I didn't catch that. I write as fast as I can when I'm taking minutes and sometimes don't write down everything that's said.

We're both doing our best, and I apologize if I misunderstood the details of your proposal. Happy cruisin'!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

After all that, you going to wait another 4 months to post your bio

Don't forget the one picture from last year. Can't remember what it was from, just the caption "next to the homeless guy."
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Can't remember what it was from, just the caption "next to the homeless guy."
Must be a Romer "can't remember thing". That was on another board. :-)
Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

Oh, you are correct about it being on another board. A link was posted here though

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaufort-fj60 View Post
chris(red cruiser) that pic is funny... it looks like a homeless guy is chasing you down for a quarter and your trying to get away. LOL

Attached Images

11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper