Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Wincher

That Sky wide axle kit is pretty cool - any reccomendations for where to buy FJ60 rotors?
maybe I'll put up the money and get the birfield eliminater kit too. (since I have to buy shafts anyway)
There's a place in town that I can get the spindles and knuckles for a fair price
Thanks again for all the help - If i ever go on a trail run with you guys I'll bring everyone a beer!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Trail Ready

Stay Away from the Birf Eliminator kit! Longfield's are the only way to go, may as well spend the extra $150 or so and get the best!

I would suggest buying a SAS Kit, Marlin/allpro/Trailgear all have them, They come with everything you need, NO way can you put together a kit (including your time sourcing/fabing everything) for the price of a complete kit..

id just use a Minitruck Axle, keep it simple, Aussie locker for a cheep one, ARB if you have the Coin!

Sounds like a great plan, Put up some photos when you start hacking off the IFS!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotel View Post
Stay Away from the Birf Eliminator kit! Longfield's are the only way to go, may as well spend the extra $150 or so and get the best!!
+1, maybe +10. The BE kits are, how do the French say? Junque.

Quote:
I would suggest buying a SAS Kit, Marlin/allpro/Trailgear all have them, They come with everything you need, NO way can you put together a kit (including your time sourcing/fabing everything) for the price of a complete kit..
Au contraire. They come with things you really do not want, such as shock hoops and drop hangers with too much drop, etc. You are locked in to whatever is in the kit. You most definitely can put one together for cheaper, I did. Twice now.

Quote:
id just use a Minitruck Axle, keep it simple, Aussie locker for a cheep one, ARB if you have the Coin!
I wouldn't use anything but a selectable locker in the front. You don't absolutely need a locker in the front right now. You'll hate a front autolocker in a mini.

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan, Put up some photos when you start hacking off the IFS!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Wincher

looks like I'm probably getting the front end (minus shafts, knuckles and spindles) from Ben this weekend. I'll be getting the Wide axle kit and 5.29 gears for sure - possibly a locker in back if I can find a good deal.
I'll definitely post some pics - I have to include the "pile-O-IFS $hit" pic!
it'll probably be a month or so before I do the swap.