Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Rock Stacker

Gentlemen,

Its good to find some wcha hockey fans here. I'm a pretty big gopher fan being a recent MN transplant.

I don't think MN will make it to the frozen four this year. I watched most of their games this year. Yes, they are good. But they are very young. Only two seniors. I've seen them play just fantastic, but other times very immaturely.

I don't think they have the poise and maturity to be champions this year. So I'm thinking the wcha tourney is wide open. It will be fun to watch.

Loren
Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

Where in MN? I was in Shoreview from age 12 until college at the U, then NE Mpls until 1999.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDuck View Post
Gentlemen,

Its good to find some wcha hockey fans here. I'm a pretty big gopher fan being a recent MN transplant.

I don't think MN will make it to the frozen four this year. I watched most of their games this year. Yes, they are good. But they are very young. Only two seniors. I've seen them play just fantastic, but other times very immaturely.

I don't think they have the poise and maturity to be champions this year. So I'm thinking the wcha tourney is wide open. It will be fun to watch.

Loren
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Rock Stacker

I grew up in Burnsville, went to school at Augsburg in mpls. Lived in Eagan, and Inver Grove Heights, until I move out here 3 years ago.

Loren
Old 03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Welcome! Won't hold the gopherness against you guys.

I've had season tickets for DU since they were in the "old" field house. Went to a game one night and ended up on the short side of the old barn, attack twice, about 3 rows from the ice between the blue line and the end line. Went and checked between periods and they were available for the season. Had them ever since. It's probably been at least 15 years, maybe longer. Of course, back then the tickets were $10-$11/seat. Now they are more than double that. It's still worth in compared to the Avs. My seats in the new arena are about the same. Section 19, row 11, seats 15 & 16. I split them with a buddy. He goes Friday nights and I go Saturday.

So are either of you guys going to take that pair of NCAA West Regional tickets from me?

Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Rock Stacker

I'm going to have to pass on the tickets. But next year we should have an outting when the gophers are in town.

Loren

PS. Sometimes people look at me funny when I say I enjoy watching the gophers play hockey. Yup, we put tiny little skates on them, use stick matches for hockey sticks, and put little thimbles on their heads for helmets.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

and Badgers playing Gophers in hockey is hilarious.

T

Quote:
I'm going to have to pass on the tickets. But next year we should have an outting when the gophers are in town.

Loren

PS. Sometimes people look at me funny when I say I enjoy watching the gophers play hockey. Yup, we put tiny little skates on them, use stick matches for hockey sticks, and put little thimbles on their heads for helmets.
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

And a Pioneer ... ?