Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Bump For Donation Requestors

For anyone who has "volunteered" to make donation requests for the raffle truck, here is a little something to perhaps make begging a little easier for you. Suzie and I have been in contact with Tuffy Security Products and had requested a rear cargo area box as our first choice and a center console as a second, back up, choice, in case Tuffy might have thought that choice number one was asking too much - they are expensive! Suz just called to let me know that TWO boxes just arrived at our front door containing both of the requested items from Tuffy!! That's very cool, IMO, and very rewarding to Suz and I that our request was honored. So, if you are hesitant to ask a vendor for a donation, don't be, they - most of them - really want to help and we just have to ask for their help.
Now make those donation requests!! It feels good to get a positive response.

Steve
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Hard Core 4+

sweet!!!! guess we are doing a drawer system pretty soon.

just talked to danny at exhaust pros. he said whenever we're ready, just let him know...should only take them a day to get it done.
ige tlca #1431
Old 03-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
For anyone who has "volunteered" to make donation requests for the raffle truck, here is a little something to perhaps make begging a little easier for you. Suzie and I have been in contact with Tuffy Security Products and had requested a rear cargo area box as our first choice and a center console as a second, back up, choice, in case Tuffy might have thought that choice number one was asking too much - they are expensive! Suz just called to let me know that TWO boxes just arrived at our front door containing both of the requested items from Tuffy!! That's very cool, IMO, and very rewarding to Suz and I that our request was honored. So, if you are hesitant to ask a vendor for a donation, don't be, they - most of them - really want to help and we just have to ask for their help.
Now make those donation requests!! It feels good to get a positive response.

Steve
That's awesome Steve and great inspiration! Tell Suz Thanks as well

Mine is similar... I'm not on the committee but did the web page. I noticed some items were still needed. One was fluid. I contacted Royal Purple via email and the next day recieved a reply that they would fill my request and within a week had oil, gear lube, atf, and coolant additive and gave it to Ige at the meeting.

Unfortunatly I don't have much time to donate to the build which pains me but I'm doing what I can with solicitation and the web page.
TLCA#4180
Old 03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'LL TRY TO GET YOUR SLIDERS ASAP!

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

Wes,
You rock, bro, and everyone knows of your contributions to the big picture that the internet exposes the club to. Keep up the good work that you are performing for the club's benefit.
Just got home and hauled the big box the cargo carrier is in - 85lbs worth! - off the front porch. This is one sturdy cargo box that Tuffy has sent and I can't wait to get it installed and have RockRunner build that platform around it. Hope the Alcan's can handle all of the weight!! The center console is coming out of the box in a few minutes. Damn, I can't wait to win this truck! Guess I better buy some tix, eh, Ingrid?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Wes,
You rock, bro, and everyone knows of your contributions to the big picture that the internet exposes the club to. Keep up the good work that you are performing for the club's benefit.
Just got home and hauled the big box the cargo carrier is in - 85lbs worth! - off the front porch. This is one sturdy cargo box that Tuffy has sent and I can't wait to get it installed and have RockRunner build that platform around it. Hope the Alcan's can handle all of the weight!! The center console is coming out of the box in a few minutes. Damn, I can't wait to win this truck! Guess I better buy some tix, eh, Ingrid?

You do need to buy some tix because it's the right thing to do....even though I already have the winning stub!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Rising Sun Member

You have "The Stub"? Oh man, I'm not taking that lob over the center of the plate. Anyone else like to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
You do need to buy some tix because it's the right thing to do....even though I already have the stub!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
You have "The Stub"? Oh man, I'm not taking that lob over the center of the plate. Anyone else like to?
Laugh away sir....fact is I have the only "stub" that counts! While mine is sure to get "pulled," yours will only just get "tumbled and discarded!"
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

apparently, it's christmas time for the raffle truck. i got home from work to find the ups man had left a spiffy new powertank with brackets and hose kit.

the sad thing is, one of my stubs is the only one that matters...i've got 10

my cool story is that when i called steve at powertank, i found out he's a toyota guy. he told me which issue of tt i could see a pic of his rig in, and from that, i figured out that he's the march calendar boy.
ige tlca #1431
Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Ten stubs must be better than one and one stub is better than none.
Powertank is one of several off-road related companies that I've been a customer of over the years that has gone out of its way to make sure I was a more than satisfied customer. That Steve is a Toyota guy only follows suit! With that thought in mind, has Marlin Crawler been contacted for a donation? They have all sorts of axle rebuild items and I think we need some things along that line, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
apparently, it's christmas time for the raffle truck. i got home from work to find the ups man had left a spiffy new powertank with brackets and hose kit.

the sad thing is, one of my stubs is the only one that matters...i've got 10

my cool story is that when i called steve at powertank, i found out he's a toyota guy. he told me which issue of tt i could see a pic of his rig in, and from that, i figured out that he's the march calendar boy.