Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Sorry to be a thread hog but........looking at the raffle truck list, we have nearly every damn thing we have listed as needs, in our possesion. Time to extend that list, don't ya'll think? The big things still needed are the Warn winch which Hulk will take care of, axle and tie rod ends that could be handled by Marlin - somebody call Dean Baranski as he has Marlin's personal hot line phone number and he can sweet talk Marlin into the front axle and tie rod needs - Rockrunner said something about having extended brake lines and I have the small parts coming from Stevinson tomorrow, leaving only a fridge and lockers as the BIG things needed to have one complete, expedition-worthy 62 to raffle off. The first aid kit, spill kit and GPS unit are all that are left to make the current wish-list complete. We are so close to having all of the parts that only our labor keeps us from having a totally raffleable(?) truck ready to go.
WOOHOO! I CAN'T WAIT TO WIN IT and I as I already have one very sweet 62 so I know wtf I'm going to win. SO GOOD!!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

crash, I almost broke into a verse of kumbayah.....
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by green machine View Post
X2 man your good
71 FJ40 project
TLCA 13269
KØVRT

" Leave the chrome at home " - Uncle Ben - Rubithon 2008
Old 03-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
I can't mess with dat....Leatherface rules!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Ten stubs must be better than one and one stub is better than none.
Powertank is one of several off-road related companies that I've been a customer of over the years that has gone out of its way to make sure I was a more than satisfied customer. That Steve is a Toyota guy only follows suit! With that thought in mind, has Marlin Crawler been contacted for a donation? They have all sorts of axle rebuild items and I think we need some things along that line, eh?
i tried calling a couple of times, but can't ever get through. also emailed him, but no response. i think big horn was going to get the front end kit from him (they're donating that)...
ige tlca #1431
Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Sorry to be a thread hog but........looking at the raffle truck list, we have nearly every damn thing we have listed as needs, in our possesion. Time to extend that list, don't ya'll think? The big things still needed are the Warn winch which Hulk will take care of, axle and tie rod ends that could be handled by Marlin - somebody call Dean Baranski as he has Marlin's personal hot line phone number and he can sweet talk Marlin into the front axle and tie rod needs - Rockrunner said something about having extended brake lines and I have the small parts coming from Stevinson tomorrow, leaving only a fridge and lockers as the BIG things needed to have one complete, expedition-worthy 62 to raffle off. The first aid kit, spill kit and GPS unit are all that are left to make the current wish-list complete. We are so close to having all of the parts that only our labor keeps us from having a totally raffleable(?) truck ready to go.
WOOHOO! I CAN'T WAIT TO WIN IT and I as I already have one very sweet 62 so I know wtf I'm going to win. SO GOOD!!
i'm still waiting to get ahold of joe collegia to find out if he's heard from reider racing on gears...i've left numerous messages with ben, but joe hasn't called back and the only info i have for reider is an address where joe asked me to send a proposal letter. there are also some dealer items that justin and art were working on, front end kit and tie rods are being donated by big horn jeep club. we do need a couple of gel cells, kevin's working on ss battery trays. also hi lift. first aid kit (and maybe spill kit) is being donated by wagonmasters club.
ige tlca #1431
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Hard Core 4+

ok, here's what i've got.
my idea is to put expanded steel over the top.
i feel it's safer and you can clean your muddy boots and shoes with it.
flat bar gets real slippery when wet, you could skid tape it i guess.

tell me what you want and i'll do it
expanded steel or flat bar?

or nothing at all.
but i'm thinking family saftey here, so i really don't want to leave it open.

jim
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Hard Core 4+

I vote for Grip tape, I think the expanded metal look is a little bit cheesy. But it is just my .02

Great looking sliders Jim!

Drew

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
For anyone who has "volunteered" to make donation requests for the raffle truck, here is a little something to perhaps make begging a little easier for you. Suzie and I have been in contact with Tuffy Security Products and had requested a rear cargo area box as our first choice and a center console as a second, back up, choice, in case Tuffy might have thought that choice number one was asking too much - they are expensive! Suz just called to let me know that TWO boxes just arrived at our front door containing both of the requested items from Tuffy!! That's very cool, IMO, and very rewarding to Suz and I that our request was honored. So, if you are hesitant to ask a vendor for a donation, don't be, they - most of them - really want to help and we just have to ask for their help.
Now make those donation requests!! It feels good to get a positive response.

Steve

That is awsome Steve, two birds with one call

Give me a call and let me know which rear box we got so I can start planning the deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me