Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Rising Sun Commander

I believe the official position is line locks are allowed, but with a back up wheel chock.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I believe the official position is line locks are allowed, but with a back up wheel chock.

x2
Old 04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Okey doke, so us tech inspectors will look for wheel chocks on board if line locks are in use.

Perchance, does the club have a couple wheel chocks to loan out in the likely event a last minute linelock user shows up without them?
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

cool, I'll install my line lock and try and find some chocks. Maybe tool king or someone has a pair
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default For what it's worth, in case anyone needs it...

TLCA Inspection Items
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

I have a crack through my windshield in the lower quarter of my driver's side (all I see is hood when looking through the crack anyway) and it goes up to just below halfway on the passenger side. Need opinions. It's not spider cracked all throughout my windshield and has never been a visiblility issue for the past two years of driving.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ToyTruck View Post
I have a crack through my windshield in the lower quarter of my driver's side (all I see is hood when looking through the crack anyway) and it goes up to just below halfway on the passenger side. Need opinions. It's not spider cracked all throughout my windshield and has never been a visiblility issue for the past two years of driving.
Justin, The requirement for tech inspection is the truck has to be street legal. You should be fine. Now, if your muffler bearings haven't been replaced in a while, you might be in trouble.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

I noticed on that list it said no open exhaust, does that mean that a muffler is required? Mine fell off last weekend, so I just have a pipe coming straight out of my cat right now. It is not excessively loud and it does not smoke.

79' FJ40
98' 100 Series
TLCA #16134
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (`._.[xtr3m3]._.) View Post
I noticed on that list it said no open exhaust, does that mean that a muffler is required?
If you look at the requirements above, it says the exhaust must be intact, so yes. That shouldn't be too hard to have fixed before you go?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
Justin, The requirement for tech inspection is the truck has to be street legal. You should be fine. Now, if your muffler bearings haven't been replaced in a while, you might be in trouble.
Cool, Thanks a ton. RedChili (my papa) is of the opinion that even he wouldn't pass me in Tech Inspec. If for any reason he is right I don't want to chance it, but that seemed a little far fetched.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver