Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Places for bodywork?

I had hoped to have Oleg do my fender repair, but it seems he is not doing bodywork himself these days... outsourcing.

Who else would you recommend? Sou'side please. Close to Littleton downtown.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

Bill,

Not sure I can recommend them but Abra Auto Body on Broadway just north of County Line did a nice job on my Durango after the local kiddies decided to see what big rocks on metal would do...

Reason I can't really recommend them is we sold the Durango within 4 months of it being fixed so I don't have any long term report of the repair.

The other place I used was down off Titan road and Santa Fe...Name escapes me but they did the fix up after my deer hitting episode in Ouray. That was in 2000 and 7 years later the repaired area was still perfect. Let me know and I could look up the name for you if you want.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Hard Core 4+

please do NOT take it to abra on s broadway.

i know all the shops in denver and i've seen thier work.

take it to southeast auto body, county line and colorado. or highlands ranch collision down off s sante fe and titan ct. or bradford auto body in downtown littleton next to the melting pot.

there's also diamond a/b at sante fe and evans
or cherry creek collision (not sure of the address)

i've sold to all these shops and know of thier high standards.

jim
Old 05-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Jim,

Maybe I should warn the new owner

It may be ok though...I looked at the paperwork tonight after posting that earlier and remember now that Abra subbed the job out 'cuz they were too busy. So, I'm not sure who did the work as it doesn't state. Maybe that is why the repair looked ok

The other place was called Auto Image. Not sure of their rep but after 7 years the work they did still looked great.

I would second Southeast Auto Body based on my dad's experience with them
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-17-2007, 12:53 AM

I used Southeast Auto Body quite a few times years ago. I am assuming that Ken is still the owner, but just moved the shop. The last time they worked on my Honda was probably about 11 years ago. It still looks pretty good sans the clear coat.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

Good to know, thanks. Bradford is right down the street from me but it sounds like I should get to know Southeast AB too...
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

bill, if you go to bradford, mickey(not rubicon) is the owner, great guy and his estimater taylor is also top notch. they have been in the same place for a loooooong time.

you can't go wrong with either shop......oh yeah, auto image has a great work ethic also

ask to see thier work first, a shop should have no problem showing you what they are working on.

what you want to look for are the tolerances or space between two body panels. the gap should be nice and even all the way around.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Hard Core 4+

Where my fender is cracking, the 4Runner flexes a lot. It started out as a small rust hole (the only one on the truck!) and I cleaned it out and filled it. Then it cracked, so I screwed it together and refilled it. Cracking again.

Either I cut out the fender$$$ or get it fixed, I don't want the thing to keep splitting. That, and my paint doesn't match very well. So I figger a good shop needs to do some nice TIGging.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 05-31-2007, 02:18 PM

Sam's Automotive-I use the guys at Oxford Ave. just east of Santa Fe-across from the Meadow Gold plant, Englewood Rec. Center-but I believe they have other locations as well. Their complex fills about an entire city block at that location. Their body work is excellent and paint work even better, I doubt they are the cheapest, but they are an Allstate guaranteed shop.

I rear ended 2 Ford trucks within 6 months in my youth-both with my '88
Toyota 4x4 van (surprisingly nimble off road-even with only 14" tires) and at the same intersection, northbound Havana at I-70 exit.

Both times Sam's did outstanding work for me, and the 2 repairs were within a couple of hundred dollars of one another, Allstate paid, not me.!!

Owner is Mike Chavez and Larry was the estimator last time I was there. I have used them also for upgrades and modifications but clearly their preference is repair work.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=5795132731
Old 09-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

I was recommended Abra on 9100 Pierce St, Broomfield, CO
(303) 427-5003 to repair the Mercury. What is your opinion of their work. They redid John's Liberty when Joy went into insulin shock and went through a few houses, a couple of trees, a few signs, a cable barrier, and probably a few other cars on the road. Their work was fast and impressive if you saw the car after her little "Joy ride". Get it?

I called the shop in Broomfield/Westminster and they can look at it but he said no shop in town would be able to paint it because the EPA does not allow Lacquer anymore and it cannot be recoated with any of the new stuff.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133