Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 05-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Lifted

Thread Hijack. I have an FZJ80 with S/C and am in need of a new exhaust and possibly the cats replaced. Anyone have a suggestion on where to go for this truck. Any experiences or suggestions of places you folks have gone? An idea on price would be nice too. I would like to have it routed differently than factory ie. tucked as far up as possible.

Thanks

"Tractor in a Tux"

What Did the Five Fingers Say to the Face.....
Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Rising Sun Member

See Kevins post #6 above. He mentions a shop he's using for a custom wagon exhaust.

Also see Wes and Nakmans responses, #2 and #12, the shop that did the 62 Raffle truck system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
Thread Hijack. I have an FZJ80 with S/C and am in need of a new exhaust and possibly the cats replaced. Anyone have a suggestion on where to go for this truck. Any experiences or suggestions of places you folks have gone? An idea on price would be nice too. I would like to have it routed differently than factory ie. tucked as far up as possible.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinSixtySeven View Post
How 'bout Hanksville Hot Rods, in Littleton? Guy seems real nice and also seems to really know what he's doing.
IIRC he offered to bend DOM for wheelers too at a discount. I've heard positive things on CO4x4 about him.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Hard Core 4+

i'll second both aa in englewood and the exhaust pros in commerce city
ige tlca #1431
Old 05-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

If you can support the Raffle Rig vendor I'd vote for that

Otherwise I'd third AA in Englewood. Did the work on my Durango and it was quick, inexpensive, and well done.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Lifted

I don't know if this is just suddenly because it is the busy time of the year for them, but Bud's did the exhaust on my FJ62 v8 conversion about a month ago and I got it in and out in one day. Awesome work, nice guy. He called when it was done to say that it was up on the hoist still and that I could come check it out. Hopped in the '60 and drove down there - it looked great.

They did a great job and had no problem with the car not running. I dropped it off not running in the parking lot and he even offered to help put it back on the trailer when it was done. I couldn't take advantage of the offer, but I really appreciated it.

He even put it together with flanges so that I could take it apart to remove the transmission and tranfer case without cutting the exhaust apart.