Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
subzali's Avatar
subzali subzali is offline
Rising Sun member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 7,464
Default

Careful now UB, there was an article a couple TT ago that featured a chromed-out FJ40 :shudder: that reminded me of Buford from the days of Brother Andy...and I mean the list of chromed stuff was exactly as Brother Andy described it...

doo doo doo doo the Cruiser gods are watching...

__________________
Matt Miller
"Stay the Trail," "Tread Lightly," and "Leave No Trace" ethics
TLCA# 13684
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,112
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Careful now UB, there was an article a couple TT ago that featured a chromed-out FJ40 :shudder: that reminded me of Buford from the days of Brother Andy...and I mean the list of chromed stuff was exactly as Brother Andy described it...

doo doo doo doo the Cruiser gods are watching...


Ohhhh....the sacraledge! Between plated bling-bling, Lexus and non-Cruisers on the cover I'm tempted to cancel my membership!

NOTE: the above comments are based on early idiot-crazy that many will remember....for those who are new to TLCA please disregard! It was just a bad dream and all will be better when we all wake up!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
MDH33's Avatar
MDH33 MDH33 is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Land of Corn
Posts: 5,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
... I do believe there is a clause in the RS SOP's that state anyone who chromes hinges and other Cruiser parts will be flogged with greasy speedo cables and require proof of test driving Jeeps in low range, windows open, through TLCA events in order to be considered for further club involvement! Consider yourself WARNED!

Heyyyy!!! I like my chromed hood bling bling!!

__________________
--Martin
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Red_Chili's Avatar
Red_Chili Red_Chili is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton CO
Posts: 8,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
...I do believe there is a clause in the RS SOP's that state anyone who chromes hinges and other Cruiser parts will be flogged with greasy speedo cables ...
This, from a latte-drinking heated seat 80 guy??!?!
__________________
-Bill Morgan
Heb Dduw, heb ddim; Duw a digon
Abnormally aspirated
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
74fj40's Avatar
74fj40 74fj40 is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 872
Send a message via AIM to 74fj40 Send a message via MSN to 74fj40
Default

OMG - you wouldn't believe the cost of re-chroming - one piece of window trim - 3 ft long by 1" wide flat steel - $125-$150....

I'm glad that the EPA has clamped down on regulations regarding the disposal of chemicals, but can't somebody come up with a more cost effective method of doing this....

...besides chrome colored spray paint....
__________________

1997 Honda civic DX( all stock DD)
1972 Toyota FJ40(4" lift, FJ60 axles, FJ60 4speed with split case, 35's, Detroit locker rear, Lockright front, Marlin Highsteer, 105"WB, Saginaw with GM tilt column, soon to have: 30spline longfields, inners/outters, toybox.
1967 Porsche 912(100% stock)


[/font]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,112
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74fj40 View Post
OMG - you wouldn't believe the cost of re-chroming - one piece of window trim - 3 ft long by 1" wide flat steel - $125-$150....

I'm glad that the EPA has clamped down on regulations regarding the disposal of chemicals, but can't somebody come up with a more cost effective method of doing this....

...besides chrome colored spray paint....
Black colored spray paint?
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
74fj40's Avatar
74fj40 74fj40 is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 872
Send a message via AIM to 74fj40 Send a message via MSN to 74fj40
Default

Under normal (cruiser)circumstances,I'd be all over that - it'd go well with my rattle can job - but this is for my new baby - 1970 Porsche 911T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Black colored spray paint?
__________________

1997 Honda civic DX( all stock DD)
1972 Toyota FJ40(4" lift, FJ60 axles, FJ60 4speed with split case, 35's, Detroit locker rear, Lockright front, Marlin Highsteer, 105"WB, Saginaw with GM tilt column, soon to have: 30spline longfields, inners/outters, toybox.
1967 Porsche 912(100% stock)


[/font]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,112
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
This, from a latte-drinking heated seat 80 guy??!?!
Aint got much chrome dude! Pearl Antique Black emblems Polished aluminum and Stainless are not Chrome!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 AM
MDH33's Avatar
MDH33 MDH33 is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Land of Corn
Posts: 5,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74fj40 View Post
Under normal (cruiser)circumstances,I'd be all over that - it'd go well with my rattle can job - but this is for my new baby - 1970 Porsche 911T
This statement requires a new thread that includes PICS!!
__________________
--Martin
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
This statement requires a new thread that includes PICS!!
x100!

Soon, you and Ken can drag race down the street with your super hero sports cars!

Come on with the pics Max!

FWIW, there are some sweet poished aluminum looking powder coats out there. Might be more cost effective and set it apart... if that is what you are looking for.

Drew
__________________
Rezarf <><
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks.

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.