Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Default OMG, I just read that whole thread on Pirate...

Saw a couple of you guys over there as well.. or at least on the Mud post about it. wow!!! so that's what I did tonight...

www.gamiviti.com

Old 11-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

I feel for ya.. I flew through it. Don't they have that kinda discussion every other month or so? Kinda the reason I stay away from that place... yo yo's have to go somewhere once colorado 4x4 gets old.....
TLCA#4180
Old 11-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Rising Sun member

Me too

Don't read the OBEX/DesertTOY one though, it's not worth it - oh wait how would I know?

Man I need to get some homework done...
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

OK what am I missing here? Read what on Pirate?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 11-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

I do not think I have ever read anything on pirate, but this sound like the old tom sawyer trick to get you to read some thing. a little tease (high school days and girl in short skirts type of thing). So what give you teasers (maybe in short skirts?) latterrobbie
Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Rising Sun Commander

No, there's a real thread.. the one that's now like 16 pages long about this kid who fails to sell a set of gears. I can't get to those sites from work but maybe someone else can post up a link? Or go to chat in ih8mud and see the "light reading" post, that should get you there..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 11-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Trail Ready

I put the time in yesterday, here's the quick recap.

1) A kid (now known as Charlie Wenzel) in California posts up a set of "bran new" 4.88 gears for sale for $100.
2) A Pirate regular (MochaMike) posts up that he'll take them for the $100 + $15 shipping and sends a check.
3) The kids cashes the check, then goes back, changes his original post to read $125, and hits Mike up for more money. (after cashing the original check).
4) Mike says send me new gears as advertised or send me my money back.
5) Lots of back and forth, everybody hates everybody, somebody unearths all this kids personal information (I now know where he works, where his dad works, what his mom does, how his mom and dad met, where he goes to school, what position he played in HS football, what he weighs, etc....) and lots of people threaten him with various levels of bodily harm.
6) Kid finally sends gears, but it turns out they're used. Mike refuses shipment and demands a check.
7) Kid agrees to send check. I quit reading after 14 pages, so I don't know if the check ever arrived.

Moral: If you cash somebody's check, you owe them the product advertised, no matter what you "meant to charge". You can't ask for more money later.

It is rather humourous to read this kid's complete lack of personal responsibility. Even after all of this, this kid still feels like he's been wronged, everybody's against him, etc....
-Matt
Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmatt
I put the time in yesterday, here's the quick recap.

1) A kid (now known as Charlie Wenzel) in California posts up a set of "bran new" 4.88 gears for sale for $100.
2) A Pirate regular (MochaMike) posts up that he'll take them for the $100 + $15 shipping and sends a check.
3) The kids cashes the check, then goes back, changes his original post to read $125, and hits Mike up for more money. (after cashing the original check).
4) Mike says send me new gears as advertised or send me my money back.
5) Lots of back and forth, everybody hates everybody, somebody unearths all this kids personal information (I now know where he works, where his dad works, what his mom does, how his mom and dad met, where he goes to school, what position he played in HS football, what he weighs, etc....) and lots of people threaten him with various levels of bodily harm.
6) Kid finally sends gears, but it turns out they're used. Mike refuses shipment and demands a check.
7) Kid agrees to send check. I quit reading after 14 pages, so I don't know if the check ever arrived.

Moral: If you cash somebody's check, you owe them the product advertised, no matter what you "meant to charge". You can't ask for more money later.

It is rather humourous to read this kid's complete lack of personal responsibility. Even after all of this, this kid still feels like he's been wronged, everybody's against him, etc....
-Matt
Read the thread the other day. Think it grew a page while reading . Came back last night and read a few more pages(think it was up to 16...). Sounds like the kid has not sent the $$ yet. I'd be scared if I were that kid. All they wanted was the $$ and to say he's sorry. He just couldnt do it..... And so it continues........

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default kid sent the money

The party is over. Darn. It was VERY entertaining!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

54 pages and growing FAST! It's all over the net now. Bumper stickers will most likely be next......dumb kid is getting his lunch!!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior