Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Didn't buy it..

I met him (Ryan) this morning, checked it out. nice fella. Selling it because he's trying to get out of a car loan, just bought a new house, gas prices, etc. Very nice still overall, didn't look abused at all in fact he said he'd only had it out wheeling like 5x and it looked like it. No scratches at all on the driveshafts, the little t-case skid, or even the sliders or bumpers. the body is still very nice, but the sliders & rear bumper definitely have some surface rust where it appears the powder coating is coming off..

The aluminum roof rack is sweet, dual batt system still appears to be in tact and working fine. Drawers in back are nice too. No RTT, no welder, no fridge, no shovel, jack... no engine cooker. If you're expecting this truck http://www.sleeoffroad.com/project_v...ZJ100_main.htm you'll be disappointed, and in fact it's not quite this truck any more . He said he got an offer yesterday for $21K, is thinking about it. An offer today for $22K he'd probably take it. Showed it twice yesterday, think he had another one after me today.

In all honesty this truck is worth what he's asking.. the re-gearing to 4.88's alone is worth the $3K over stock price, then figure you get all the bumpers sliders drawers & winch for free. But it didn't feel like the right move for me, especially considering I've got an 80 that's at least as capable sitting at home, just not quite as fast or as comfy. And I'm worried about selling both other trucks, how easy/painful that would actually be. Someone else who doesn't already have a built wagon buy this thing.

www.gamiviti.com

Last edited by nakman; 06-09-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

Well, at least you looked at it. Opened the door to possibility and took a peek.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Didn't buy it..

If you're expecting this truck http://www.sleeoffroad.com/project_v...ZJ100_main.htm you'll be disappointed, and in fact it's not quite this truck any more . He said he got an offer yesterday for $21K, is thinking about it.
Sorry it didn't work out.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
If you're expecting this truck http://www.sleeoffroad.com/project_v...ZJ100_main.htm you'll be disappointed,
Actually the truck above you would not be able to touch for $24k.

Quote:
and in fact it's not quite thistruck any more .
We pulled the welder when we sold it to Ryan, as well as the tent. The shovel and hi-lift is easy to add.

The rear bumper and sliders need to be recoated. Not sure why they are rusting. The only thing that I can think is that at the time it was not sandblasted because we were in a hurry to get it coated for the ARB event. $500 should more than cover it to have it redone.

It is still a hell of a deal for someone that is ready to spend money to build a truck. Regearing and adding ARB's is probably closer to $4k due to the complexities with the 100 rear diff.