Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

You don't have to overnight teh Ghost town run. Quite a few came up and did a day and came back the same day.

For the ralley, my favorit would be Red Cone. That's easy and so beautiful on top. The only place I recall you would say is moderate you can bypass. and Bill Moore is easy. Every summer, a post goes up at least twice "who wants to run Bill Moore"
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cruiser View Post
As I originally said, most are difficult or over-night. :
None of those runs are difficult. Half can be run in a day if you choose not to stay overnight.

You get out of the club what you put into it. Step up and lead an easy run.
TLCA#4180

Last edited by wesintl; 06-16-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Trail Ready

Would there be any issues in my hooking up with RS for some of the runs even though I am not a member?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

IMHO no issues here. That's part of why this forum is open to everyone vs limited to only Rising Sun folk. If you want to post a run in the event planning section by all means. Cross posts from ttora or other groups accepted too.

We run a quite a few easy trails probably more so than anything difficult. argentine/waldorf, slaugherhouse, jenny creek/rollins pass. Somone will inevitably post a trip to bill moore, yankee hill, georgia pass/swann mtn. Tim has an easy run for the spooky night run. Point is if there is something you want to do post it up. Nathanial would still be waiting for a ghost town run and perry would still be waiting for an outlaw run if they didn't step up and create it. You certainly have the truck and the ability Chris. I would probably even try to attend and bring my bone stock 64

I think most will find we like to wheel with other Yotas but I would certainly wheel with bobzooki, jeeper bob and arlo any day
TLCA#4180
Old 06-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Rising Sun member

In addition there's some forest roads up by Idaho Spgs that I ran a couple of afternoons last summer kinda impromptu that aren't hard, just scenic and while general intuition worked well for me to get in/out, a map, compass and/or GPS would have been useful too.

This summer, or at least some point in the future, I would like to do some exploring up behind Art Hog's house up by Rollinsville, there's lots of easy forest roads up there to just bomb around on. Very scenic as well, and some shooting spots as well.

Just remembered Castle Gulch up Left Hand Canyon was the first run I ever ran with my truck, just posted it up and Uncle Ben happened to be free that day and gave me a hand in the sticky spots and we had a great time!

Oh and BTW Engineer, Black Bear, Imogene etc. passes are the moderate/difficult passes that are run on the Ouray trip, so just so you know what the image of that moderate/difficult rating is based on. The Triple Bypass only has one slightly technical spot, but with good spotting that's always on that trip it's pretty easy!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'm in for an easy run. My 80 is stock with OEM tires. I'll try to think of somewhere up hear in Summit County to lead. It would have to be on a Sunday.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 06-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
I'm in for an easy run. My 80 is stock with OEM tires. I'll try to think of somewhere up hear in Summit County to lead. It would have to be on a Sunday.
We were up your way (I think) today. Peru Creek area that Martin mentioned to me last weekend during the Argentine cleanup. Thanks, Martin!

Subzali, yeah I kind of contradict myself with the Ouray trails but those are really moderate, nothing hard about them unless you don't pay attention.

I will likely join in The Triple Bypass run but that's farther away than I plan anything.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

Peru Creek is a fun easy run. Great hiking from the road too. Did you make it all the way to the top or was there still snow?

Webster Pass would be another good easy run.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 06-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Hard Core 4+

Typical for this time of the year we made it past the gate, past the Y, then were stopped by the snow. Webster is closed to protect it during the melt. Not a great trail day but it was nice to see the area. We liked the Pennsylvania (I think that's its name) Mine.

Never put it in 4WD
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

we were up on shrine pass yesterday. Only went to the parking lot as we were there to hike. Still snow on the road in spots there too.
2004 Starcraft 10RT