Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Rising Sun Member

Glad you checked it out Chris. Kim and I spent all day exploring the Pennsylvania Mine ruins up Peru Creek last year, very cool area. Good camping and hiking and easy roads with great scenery and history.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
Would there be any issues in my hooking up with RS for some of the runs even though I am not a member?
Everyone is welcome!!! I recomend you have a CB. But sure come along any time.

I run easy to moderate trails on a regular basis. I usually do them with a few friends rather than club members as I live a little further away from Denver than most club members. I'm always interested in checking out places I haven't been before. Also anyone intersted in anything near Vail, let me know I'm happy to show you around my neck of the woods. PM me if ever you're headed near Vail.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

FYI, the Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' run is always an easy, relaxed afternoon, followed by pizza. It's neither hard core nor overnight.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Wincher

Until I go back in to "build" mode, I'm up for moderate runs...the sort of thing where I'm not plowing an ARB bumper through the rocks. I'd be up for any of the above trails .

Generally Katie and I are looking for adventure, scenery, and remote wilderness access...not so much driving to see if I can get the truck through (much).

I still need to come to a meeting and a few trail runs anyway...

-Sean
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Everyone is welcome!!! I recomend you have a CB. But sure come along any time.
Good to go on the CB. I just enjoy the easy to moderate trails sometimes..not being worried about negotiating a hairy obstacle, but enjoying the view. I just need to fix some of the damage I sustained on Pritchett Canyon over Memorial Day weekend and I will be ready to rock.

I have only lived in CO for ~1.5 yrs and work has kept me pretty busy since I retired from the AF. Now I am starting to have the time to get more seat time, explore the local trails and meet some folks to show them to me.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

Lance,

Would be nice to get to meet you!! Oh, and we're still waiting to see pics of the '99 Cruiser
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 06-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
Lance,

Would be nice to get to meet you!! Oh, and we're still waiting to see pics of the '99 Cruiser
When I saw your name as the last poster I thought this would come up. Let me pretty it up more and I will post some pics of the LC and my 4Runner. I'd also like to hit a club meeting if the timing for one works with my teaching schedule.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
When I saw your name as the last poster I thought this would come up. Let me pretty it up more and I will post some pics of the LC and my 4Runner. I'd also like to hit a club meeting if the timing for one works with my teaching schedule.
And you probably thought I forgot

I can't talk...I've modded the snot out of the LX from what it was when I bought it and I don't think I posted up but a couple pics of my victory of the ARB and winch episode . I kind of had to hide out for awhile after showing off to everyone how I can overthink something as simple as putting an ARB and winch on the front of an Cruiser
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater