Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
ravencr

Default 2008 Dates...

I'm sorry to intrude, but we're trying to come up with dates for our 2nd Annual Moab UTV Rally. We stayed at Archview Resort this year in June, and we got lucky with weather. But, next year, we're thinking either the 1st or 3rd weekend of May to hopefully have even more mild weather. Plus, we most likely will have to stay there again, because our vehicles are not street legal.

But, the reason for my asking you is that I know you guys typically have your event the first weekend in May. Do you know if this is going to be the case again for 2008? If not, what dates do you have planned?

Also, we went to the Bar M Chuckwagon one of the nights. Do you guys use their facility for your events at all?

Also, assuming your weekend stays the same, do you feel that us being up north running trails like Poison Spider, Gold Bar, Golden Spike, 7 mile Rim, Metal Masher, essentially all the northern trails would be a hindrance on your event?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

because of our blm permit, cm will always be held that first weekend (first weds-sun) in may.
ige tlca #1431
Old 06-21-2007, 01:58 PM
ravencr

We got a BLM permit this year as well, but why does that dictate when you do it? Just curious.

Does your groups ride the northern trails I mentioned? How many rigs typically show up for your event? Thanks again for the help...trying to figure out if we can do it the same weekend or not.

Chris
Old 06-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Hi Chris,

thanks for posting up.. tentatively the dates for 2008 are Wednesday, April 30 - Sunday, May 4. I say tentatively because we want to verify that with the BLM, maybe we have different permits or something but with ours it's pretty clear what dates we're allowed to run trails.

Our permit is for 200 maximum trucks, 20 maximum per trail per day. Yes we run all of those northern trails, except instead of 7 mile we do Wipeout Hill, which is very similar. IMO, you guys would definitely not be in the way at all, we always encounter other groups and always find a way to share the trail. And with the exception of Spike, most of those aren't "full" runs anyway.. but Spike always seems to be. But them little golf carts of yours will just zip on by a big group like ours, right?

And yeah we've been going to the Bar-M for our raffle dinner, last year we set a record with ~360 people. Planning for next year will be pretty quiet until September, that's when the next committee will be re-formed and take charge. Feel free to keep posting up until then!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

We're always at the Bar M on Friday night. Other nights, we're not there at all.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.