Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Hard Core 4+

Great.
Which one of these is "4Runner Flares"?

I emailed him...
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Bill, I am running the 1.5" spacers up front with 2" BS on the rims. It tracks very nice and am able to run 8" rims with the same overal width as I would if I was running 15x10 with 3.75 BS. You are more than welcome to come over and try a wheel or two to see how it looks and or works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks, Tom! Hey, you're running steelies though, right?

I feel like a bit of a moron- you guys were trying to tell me 2" BS is not available in alloy. The Champion beadlocks are all 3.75, she said I could send her any alloy wheel and they would beadlock 'em, but 3" BS is all I can find, and the cost for 3/4" seems hardly worth it. I considered the Stauns, and functionally they make a WHOLE lot of sense, but I like the idea of function + bling (don't be givin' me no grief here...), and since I tend to tear up wheels on the rocks, a replaceable ring protects the valve and can be renewed if needed... Could use small adapters (spacers) in the rear, and larger ones in the front. Haven't had issues with adapters.

I guess another thought is going with 15x10s. 3.75 on a 10 nets a bit more width, and if I am correct, results in a bit more road stability due to the sidewall, no? Running 8s now. Drawback being, running low pressure puts the rim right against rocks on any side load. No?
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Thanks, Tom! Hey, you're running steelies though, right?

I feel like a bit of a moron- you guys were trying to tell me 2" BS is not available in alloy. The Champion beadlocks are all 3.75, she said I could send her any alloy wheel and they would beadlock 'em, but 3" BS is all I can find, and the cost for 3/4" seems hardly worth it. I considered the Stauns, and functionally they make a WHOLE lot of sense, but I like the idea of function + bling (don't be givin' me no grief here...), and since I tend to tear up wheels on the rocks, a replaceable ring protects the valve and can be renewed if needed... Could use small adapters (spacers) in the rear, and larger ones in the front. Haven't had issues with adapters.

I guess another thought is going with 15x10s. 3.75 on a 10 nets a bit more width, and if I am correct, results in a bit more road stability due to the sidewall, no? Running 8s now. Drawback being, running low pressure puts the rim right against rocks on any side load. No?
I am running steelies with the valve stems moved to the middle.

I looked into the Stauns and may go with those, they work great from what I have read and seen.

My deal with going with the 2" BS is that the inside of the tires do not rub at all on the truck. I could maybe go up to 15" wide tires and still have no problem rubbing the inner fender well.

Not sure about the low pressure and 8" rims, the wider the rim the straighter the sidewall, so with 8" rims you have more of a bulge that protects the rim but leaves the sidewall exposed.

Just go fo rthe in between rims, 15x9 with 2.5" BS I believe Walker Evans makes them, may be 16 or 17' rims..............very pricey and very bling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

I'm guessing Champion beadlocks are 15x9... seeing as how they start life as 15x8? The thought just occurred to me.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 06-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
I'm guessing Champion beadlocks are 15x9... seeing as how they start life as 15x8? The thought just occurred to me.
Beadlocks are different as yes technically when they are created the bead moves out 1/2 - 3/4" but the width will vary depending on tire used. For instance a set of TSL/Bogger/SX's will stick out nearly 1.5" further so that would make the wheel a 10.5 wide.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Wincher

Send a message via AIM to Cheese

Glass and flares? Let it ride.

I have never seen an AL wheel with 2" BS.

My OMF beadlocks started out as 15x7's and are just over 8 with a lock. I have Diamonds so no spacers up front.

Not sure how much good going to a 9" wheel is going to be by the seat of the pants from the driver's seat if you keep the same BS.

Assist without spacers makes a really nice steering front end.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is longing for leaving..."

www.sleeoffroad.com
www.sonoransteel.com