Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #131  
Old 01-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,095
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post
Ahem.
My bad....you were on my paper list....just didn't make it through the stupid finger process.
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 AM
subzali's Avatar
subzali subzali is offline
Rising Sun member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 7,382
Default

I'm ride only at this point, but pretty much told my boss that I'm going. I think he understands
__________________
Matt Miller
"Stay the Trail," "Tread Lightly," and "Leave No Trace" ethics
TLCA# 13684
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,095
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
I'm ride only at this point, but pretty much told my boss that I'm going. I think he understands
Thanks...updated...
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
MDH33's Avatar
MDH33 MDH33 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evergreen, Colorado
Posts: 5,699
Default

If I were to drive my 40 out there, would there be a place to ditch my doors and top before hitting the trail?

I'm seriously considering this. The more I think about it, I'm not put off by the prospect of driving my 40 that far. I would just need to do some work on it that I was planning anyway.
__________________
--Martin
'85 FJ60
'05 Tundra
KDGWM
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
RockRunner's Avatar
RockRunner RockRunner is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roxborough
Posts: 4,388
Default

Kevin, I am still working on it. Checking on time off and the wifes OK, please put a ? next to my name for now. As soon as I know I will let you know.
__________________
Thanks T aka Tom KR0MPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story


TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
DaveInDenver's Avatar
DaveInDenver DaveInDenver is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Larimer County
Posts: 6,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
If I were to drive my 40 out there, would there be a place to ditch my doors and top before hitting the trail?

I'm seriously considering this. The more I think about it, I'm not put off by the prospect of driving my 40 that far. I would just need to do some work on it that I was planning anyway.
I think you should drive it! The road trip is an important part of the journey if you ask me. My truck is definitely no faster than a FJ40 and I definitely don't mind taking it easy. Scheduling-wise, I'm just fine with taking as much time on the drives as the group wants. I sort of figured that we'd have to hustle out and was thinking maybe a few people would want to take the long way home.
__________________
'91 Pickup

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 9,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
If I were to drive my 40 out there, would there be a place to ditch my doors and top before hitting the trail?

I'm seriously considering this. The more I think about it, I'm not put off by the prospect of driving my 40 that far. I would just need to do some work on it that I was planning anyway.
Also I suspect anyone who drives a tow vehicle would let you stash your doors & top inside one of their trucks, or camper, etc. that they're parking while we're on the trail. Would just need to ask them to verify but I can't see why not. Don't let that stop you from going, we'll find a solution!
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
MDH33's Avatar
MDH33 MDH33 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evergreen, Colorado
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Also I suspect anyone who drives a tow vehicle would let you stash your doors & top inside one of their trucks, or camper, etc. that they're parking while we're on the trail. Would just need to ask them to verify but I can't see why not. Don't let that stop you from going, we'll find a solution!
Good to know I can ditch some stuff, not a big deal, and certainly wouldn't keep me from going. It's the list of To Do's that might :

Trans and TC service
Main seal and clutch
Exhaust and PTO install
Front axle service
Sliders
etc...
__________________
--Martin
'85 FJ60
'05 Tundra
KDGWM
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,095
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I think you should drive it! The road trip is an important part of the journey if you ask me. My truck is definitely no faster than a FJ40 and I definitely don't mind taking it easy. Scheduling-wise, I'm just fine with taking as much time on the drives as the group wants. I sort of figured that we'd have to hustle out and was thinking maybe a few people would want to take the long way home.
I totally concur!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,095
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Kevin, I am still working on it. Checking on time off and the wifes OK, please put a ? next to my name for now. As soon as I know I will let you know.
Done, but I had trouble doing it! Just say "YES!"
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.