Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Hard Core 4+

My axles are vented up to about gas filler height (the front is higher, but the back is up under the filler tube). I don't have tranny and transfer extensions and no snorkel anyway, so my max height is really about floor boards high.

Speaking about food, I was planning on the dutch oven and 3-burner Coleman stove. I'll have along a cast iron griddle that fits the outfitter stove. This will be available as common cookware. Art Hog got the benefit of an outfitting trial run with this camp kitchen on the White Rim and he lived, so we've got that going for us.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Last night I watched the video of the Norcal guys doing the trail backwards a few years ago in mid June. The thing that popped out to me is that I really need to do the extended diff breather mod (water crossings). I'll extend the rear up to where the gas cap is and the front, high in the engine bay.

Anyone else procrastinate on this mod?

Ken, do you have a link for that video? Still talking the wife into it and that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default Update from Tony...

Well folks we have received our pecking order! Here is the latest....

<<<<< we have scheduled your group for Wednesday at 9am from Loon lake, you will be right behind the Andy Pollocks Wagon run... which is right behind Ross Kuzma Wed morning run. you'll be overnighting at Buck, arrive in springs on Thursday with a two days to hang out.

Basically, Wed is going to be full line of trucks... but everyone wants to wheel with the RS guys too.

T
>>>>>>>>>>>> :

I will post up when Tony wants us to register. Lets get the mini committee goig and get organized! I'm excited...can you tell?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

Kev,
Do we camp at the same place as Andy's wagon run? Thats a great group of folks to hand out with.

ken
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Kev,
Do we camp at the same place as Andy's wagon run? Thats a great group of folks to hand out with.

ken
We will be at the same lake. If someone wanted to start communication with them I'm sure it would be a kick in the tail! By going in third we won't have another group pushing so we can enjoy a laid back pace a bit more! There will still be folks and other outlaws groups coming in behind us but we will be the last large group in on Wednesday morning with the exception of Mudracks Double Locker Run which usually starts around noon. We will also be some of the first groups to get into the Springs so we will have some great camping spots to choose from!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

I can contact Andy. He said he is coming to Moab this year as well. I have already been talking to him and he was nervous about us having our own group and felt better when I told him Robbie will be with us. Guess I was wrong. I know Dave has run this trail many times so we should be fine.

Here is what he PM'd me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserdrew
It really helps to have an experienced guide. Parts of the trail are in poor shape right now, and it helps to know the lines that work and those that don't. For instance, right at Ellis Creek on the first day, the trail goes straight ahead into a major rock garden. You need to turn hard left on the trail that bypasses that section, but you don't know that unless you've been there before. Otherwise it will take hours to run a group through 100 feet of trail. That's just one example of about 10.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Rising Sun member

Very cool everybody! I've never been on a committee before but I'll join in on this one! I'm super excited!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
I can contact Andy. He said he is coming to Moab this year as well. I have already been talking to him and he was nervous about us having our own group and felt better when I told him Robbie will be with us. Guess I was wrong. I know Dave has run this trail many times so we should be fine.

Here is what he PM'd me
Between Dave, Kim and I, I really don't foresee any problems to be honest! That would be awesome if you could chat with Andy and get camping at Buck Island organized! I suspect with only 10 rigs we will get some more assigned so there will probably be more non-virgins along as well! If you feel more comfortable in a different group don't hesitate! Just please let us know so we can plan accordingly!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

So if someone were thinking about flying out to Tahoe to join the RS group and then flying back because he didn't have enough vacation to join the awsome road trip, where would you fly to and how much time would you add to be able to get to and from the airport? - just thinkin
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I suspect with only 10 rigs we will get some more assigned so there will probably be more non-virgins along as well!
Tony said we'd probably get more requests to wheel with us than we would be comfortable accepting. He said "everyone is going to want to wheel with Rising Sun." He may be overestimating our popularity, but now that Romer is going, maybe not. He's our superstar. At Flat Nasty, everyone knew him.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.