Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

From Tony Twiddy:

My RS friends...

It would mean the world to me and your fellow CA TLCA members if you could join us on June 18 - 22, 2008 for the 20th annual Rubithon! This is going to be our Hall of Fame run and we hope to see many familiar faces.

Plus you folks need to bring Dave Brown, Matt Farr and Kevin Ehrlick out here for me.

Thanks and start planning now!

Tony Twiddy
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

Man i'd love to go, but don't know if i'll be able to swing it as my friend Greg is getting married in Sept, Spain in the Spring time along with Cruise Moab and the start of the Expedition in October. Plus having to work in the middle of all that... If I can swing it, I will be there with the camera in hand.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 07-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
From Tony Twiddy:

Plus you folks need to bring Dave Brown, Matt Farr and Kevin Ehrlick out here for me.
You guys in trouble?

Old 07-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Yes. Bail me out?
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Can you say, "tow rig?!"
Nak-

You could just throw a strap on for me and haul me behind your pretty cruiser! I can push you down hill on the pass... that is about it.

Drew

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
We should look in to a car hauler. It might be a little more expensive, but nicer in the long run. Some of us could conceivably fly out and pick up the trucks, wheel, drop the trucks off and fly home.
That would be my prefered method of travel.

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 07-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Car hauler would be a good idea. I'd rather take my 40, but I'm unenthusiastic about driving it to Cali.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Car hauler would be a good idea. I'd rather take my 40, but I'm unenthusiastic about driving it to Cali.

I will be taking my 40 and yes it will be riding the trailer.

Lori and I were talking about it and she might stay in Tahoe for the first night (possibly two). I would come out and get her after setting up camp in the Springs.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

Well guys the trail is a kick in pants and I hope Robin and I will make it next year. Me either particiapting with the Trail teams or just on our own. I did make this trip several years agao with the Nor Cal guys. i took Ty when he was 2.5 years old. Maybe some will remember the articale in Toyota trails a few years ago.
As Eric states if the family members get tired of hanging, they can walk the trail some. The total length I clocked this year for the real hard stuff (damn to over look area on Cadallic hill) was approx 8 mile. This year was drier than last by alot. Making it more dusty. But the views are incrediable and the wheeling real fun. If you take your time and get good spotting, even nice rigs can come out not hurt. The FJ I was driving got a little quarter size dent in the door and scrapped a few of the sticker off.
But it was a pleasure to wheel with the wagons as they did have a different pace on the trail. Well built 40's and mini's and wagons (meaning big tires or little to no body to hit). Just motored right through the trail. Of course the locals make it look real easy(just too much fun for them).
Last year I wheeled my 80 with way more weight than I liked, but still it was a good lesson. The only damage I recieved last year was a dented fuel tank and a slightly dented tranny cross member. My truck last year weighted well over 7200 lbs(normal full loaded is close to 6500 lbs) with all the extra water, food, refershment's and spare parts I carried for the Trail Teams. I had on board over 100 gallons of food and fuel when I started the trip, besdies the food and parts. But the nice thing about a 80 is it's ability to carry more than you think.
Bottom line for me is that it is a wonderful trip and I will make every effort to have the wife drive the 80 out, if I am Trail teams. I do nto know what next year brings for work, so I can not comment on it. If Robin goes it will be with the kids(mccall and ty). Eric could not describe the trip any better. It is a blast.
later Robbie
Old 09-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Thanks Wes! I had Wes move this here in event planning so we can get some momentum. Who has written it on the calendar so far and is going to try to make it and what do you plan on driving?

I am and I'll prolly haul out the 40 but then again if enough wagons are going I would do the 80.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior