Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Lifted

Default First time running the Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Registration will begin soon! You can, however, register late, clear up to June 1.
OK....I skimmed back and this looks like the list....please correct or update!

1.Timm B. - 40!
2.Martin - 40
3.Matt F. - 80
4.Tim N. + Kevin K.+1(?) - 80 OBA,RTT?
5.Dan R. - 80 OBA, fridge, RTT?
6.Kevin + Terry(?) - 80 w/fridge, shower, RTT, Terry Bike
7.Dave B. - 40 w/fridge, shower, OBA, welder (still no confirmation! )
8.Kim B. - 40 fridge. shower, OBA (still no confirmation! )
9.Wes - 70 fridge, TURBO!
11. Gary CW - FZJ-45
10.Tom R. - mini
12. Ken R. + Rachel - 80 fridge, shower?
13? Surprise guest - 80
14? Treeroot - 40
15? Christo - 190
16? Dave A. - mini
17??Robin and Ty- 80 fridge, shower
18?Chris H. - 40 or ride
19?Bruce L. ? or ride
Matt M. - rider
Corsair23 - Rider

How's that look?
Good morning. My name is Loren, TLCA #3089, I live in west Arvada and I spoke with Chris Hatfield last night on the phone regarding going to Rubithon. This is my first time on a bulletin board so I apologize in advance for any posting faux pas. I have always dreamed of running the Rubicon and am planning on going to Rubithon this year. Is there a possibility of hooking up with you guys for the trip? I have a friend who works for a call hauler company. He mentioned that getting a group together may yield a good savings. As of yet I have not even begun to explore prices as I do not know what interest there may be.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncrsr View Post
Good morning. My name is Loren, TLCA #3089, I live in west Arvada and I spoke with Chris Hatfield last night on the phone regarding going to Rubithon. This is my first time on a bulletin board so I apologize in advance for any posting faux pas. I have always dreamed of running the Rubicon and am planning on going to Rubithon this year. Is there a possibility of hooking up with you guys for the trip? I have a friend who works for a call hauler company. He mentioned that getting a group together may yield a good savings. As of yet I have not even begun to explore prices as I do not know what interest there may be.
Welcome Loren! Absolutely!!! There are a few folks on the fence line trying to decide is hauling or driving would be their best choices. If you could snoop into that and post up some info I think you would instantly have several new "best" friends! What do you drive and have you ever done Rubicon before?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

Still haven't made the list despite two posts saying I plan to go (I know, I know there are tons of posts in the thread )

I'm planning to go
Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncrsr View Post

Loren,

If the car hauler option is close to the price of towing I would definitely consider it. Please let me know what kind of prices you come up with and the details. I would much rather have my truck delivered than tow it.

PS by all means join us, the more the..........well you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
Still haven't made the list despite two posts saying I plan to go (I know, I know there are tons of posts in the thread )

I'm planning to go
I am soooooooo sorry! I did hear ya but sometimes the steel plate in my head bouces the info right off!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Hard Core 4+

Hello Loren:
It may be in your and the groups interest to go on a outing or two with the club members to meet them and see how good a fit would be as well. I think some of the group will be doing Chinaman's glutch with some of the equipment they plan on bringing out to the Rubicon. This is a great way to see what may work or what may not work for the trip on the rubicon. Some other trails that would help prepare you or any club member is Holy Cross as well. good luck robbie
Old 03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
I am soooooooo sorry! I did hear ya but sometimes the steel plate in my head bouces the info right off!
No problem
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Welcome Loren! Absolutely!!! There are a few folks on the fence line trying to decide is hauling or driving would be their best choices. If you could snoop into that and post up some info I think you would instantly have several new "best" friends! What do you drive and have you ever done Rubicon before?
I will try to find out pricing on the car hauler. I know the price is dependent upon the number of vehicles. If there are enough to fill the hauler, I'm sure that it will be cheaper but I will check into that.

I have a quasi '67 FJ40, I guess most people understand what that means. I have never done the Rubicon but have dreamed of doing it for many years. My cruiser has been over it several times under the previous owner. He lived in Placerville and had ample opportunity.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
Hello Loren:
It may be in your and the groups interest to go on a outing or two with the club members to meet them and see how good a fit would be as well. I think some of the group will be doing Chinaman's glutch with some of the equipment they plan on bringing out to the Rubicon. This is a great way to see what may work or what may not work for the trip on the rubicon. Some other trails that would help prepare you or any club member is Holy Cross as well. good luck robbie
It has been a few years, 7?, since I first wheeled with some members of Rising Sun. I somehow met up with Rob Merideth and Bruce ? to do Holy Cross. It was the first time that Rob and I had made it up the section above the city. A couple of years later I ran into Rob and Dave Brown up on Holy Cross. Rob had broken his tie-rod and Dave was trying to weld it with the welder he had installed the night before. I loaned him some dark sunglasses and my cold chisel and we all had fun till it broke again on the way down. Last fall I did Chinaman's. What a fun trail!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Rachel and I are still in. Still ? on the shower, the shower I have is questionable, I might put in one of the truck systems
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper