Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

I still really want to do this run but I 've missed that past couple of meetings due to some personal stuff that happens in life. Who's going and is anyone planning on trailering 40's or maybe a slow-mo 40 caravan?

'85 FJ60
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
I still really want to do this run but I 've missed that past couple of meetings due to some personal stuff that happens in life. Who's going and is anyone planning on trailering 40's or maybe a slow-mo 40 caravan?

The Grandfolks will DRIVE their trail rigs with all their gear to the trail at and above highway speeds! BTW How does your AC work in the salt flats of Utah?

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Rising Sun member

I'm gonna try to make it, but I'm going to ride with someone (unless I magically get a lift and tires by then, which I'm not planning for but who knows? Someone may just drop them in my lap )

As far as A/C - as long as you can maintain speed you at least got 2-55! (2 windows @ 55 mph!)
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post

As far as A/C - as long as you can maintain speed you at least got 2-55! (2 windows @ 55 mph!)
2-55 across 60 miles of 100 degree salt flats in June + heated drivers side floor board = 130 degrees of heated seat! Got Frappacino?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Man once on the Rubicon trail, I'd love to be in a 40. But across Colorado, Utah, Nevada... forget it (especially on the way back!)

www.gamiviti.com

Old 01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

So my wife and I had a talk today about our plans for this year. And I'm a GO for Rubithon!

I'm planning to take the 80.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Hmm...seems I need to either do some mods to the 80, or get the 40 up and running and modded by June. Count me in one way or the other...
KDØTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Hard Core 4+

I have been lurking in the shadows drooling about this adventure. Can some one please tell me the starting point and ending point? Reason being I may be able to talk my wife into a long road trip. We wanted to to do Highway 1 again but from the near northern starting point.

I may be able to talk her into a different road trip and make the run.

How do dogs do on the trail etc. We would like to bring our two Golden retrievers with us as they are our "Kids"

If there is a trailer going out there I may be up for that depending on cost. My 4Runner is not my DD so I can drop it off early and pick it up when ever.

Thanks for any info ahead of time and any vaca suggestions spots are appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Well we've obviously got 6 months to work out the details, but right now the plan in my head for the RS caravan is to leave Denver early AM on Monday 6/16.. drive at least half the way then try to remote camp somewhere fun. Drive Tuesday 6/17 until we're more or less at the destination, then some can hotel it for a night, others can camp again.. event starts Wednesday morning, 6/18 and finishes on Sunday 6/22. So then we can decide if we want to bail Sunday night to get a jump on the drive, or just wait until Monday morning, but so we're back in Denver some time on Tuesday 6/24.

I've already discussed this with a few folks who are committed to going, but later on this spring we'll organize some planning meetings for all the club members who are interested, with two main objectives: One to one map out our route & itinerary, both ways, make sure we've got a plan and everyone's needs will be met. And two, discuss our vehicles and what maintenance & mods everyone needs to get done, and when they're going to do it. We'll probably have a couple tech parties for the latter as well.. this is essentially a 9 day trip, 6 days high range and 3 days low range.. we're going to do this right.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Hard Core 4+

Stacy and I have talked about this and started to put a little coin aside for it too. My tailbone is still up in the air, but I would be interested in splitting the cost of trailering my 40 out there. This becomes an expensive trip for us pretty quick, but driving the famous Rubicon with my RS friends, what could be cooler!

Shipping my 40= Lots of $
Adding an ARB locker to the 40= Lots of $
Adding Sliders to my 40= Not too much lots of $
Shipping Stacy and Myself out there= Lots of $
The expenses of a big trip= Lots of $

Riding the Rubicon with friends... PRICELESS!

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili