Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 07-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Rising Sun member

Default Jenny Creek 7-22-07

Woke up this morning not in the mood to do any work around here so got a wild hair to go check out Jenny Creek, which I've never been on before. I just have to say what a gorgeous trail! I am SO glad that Rising Sun decided to fight so hard to keep it open, it's definitely worth it! And if the Boulder Wagon Road is anywhere near as beautiful, we should push for it! Anyway, weather was great, general area was very busy but nobody else was on the trail (got there at noon) and Brahma took it fine.

I came back by way of Apex, Yankee Hill and Central City, so it was fun making the connection across that way. Saw the way to Kingston Peak, where the 40s only run is tentatively going to be held, but I think if I would have turned that way I would have taken it backwards from the way we are going to take it. I would have gone the hard way, which I didn't feel like doing by myself.

Mud bog area looks fantastic, doesn't look like anybody has tried to bypass the closure. Since there was no snowdrift to go over I was kinda having a hard time seeing how the winch point puts you at a good angle to get over the drift, especially since the pull is up that steep hill and kindof across the trail rather than along it, but maybe I need to get a winch and do a trailbreaking run before being critical. I'm sure you guys know where the pull needs to come from, but at any rate it looks awesome. :
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 07-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Wincher

This is from June 22nd, 2007. I'll give you one guess what is on the other side of this snow drift

Also at this time you can see still tracks in the marsh/meadow where people had driven though, although they looked old and from last year:
Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Rising Sun member

ah...see I told you it would make more sense once I saw it...
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD