can't tell 3 9.09%
yo quiero Taco Bell! 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
my personal favorite... the bell, I think they put nicotine in the beef, there is no other reason I should like it so much!
Beef? when did they stop using Chihuahua? "Yo Quedo?"
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Rising Sun member

Oh that is it! I can't believe the 'dob is beating Chipotople! For seasoned beef (from what I've heard) and no doubt for the veggie burritos there just ain't no comparison! And the corn salsa at the 'dob has nothing on the same at Chipotle. I will say the queso does help the 'dob a lot though, the nachos are muy bueno! But still...

What about Illegal Pete's? They've got pretty good fish tacos, plus they're open early for breakfast burritos! But their regular burritos don't really hold a candle...
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
What about Illegal Pete's? They've got pretty good fish tacos, plus they're open early for breakfast burritos! But their regular burritos don't really hold a candle...
Where is that?

Old 08-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I love Illegal Pete's. The one on the hill in Boulder is decent but better to go to the one downtown on 16th street, just west of the RTD station (16th & Larimer, iirc) great food, great bar to hang out in too.

I also like Wahoo's, and actually still run the Bell on occasion but they're becoming a lot fewer and further between..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I think I've never ordered the right thing at Qdoba. I love me some Chipotle. Especially the corn salsa.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Hard Core 4+

Del Taco when I need cheap and quick. Fish tacos ain't too bad. Weird to get them with fries though.

Wahoo's hands down.

My wife loves Qdoba. We eat there so often I'm pretty sick of it. I always order my burrito naked, enough with the starch! Their non-burrito stuff is ok.

Still looking for a decent New Mexican enchilada. Believe it or not the S. Platte Grille serves a pretty decent one, shredded beef, pungent enchilada sauce blood-red (friends do NOT let friends do orange enchilada sauce...). Bring your Harley and your earplugs though.

Or your Buell just to weird them out...

For Mexican Greasy Spoon, 4Gs on Bowles and S. Platte Canyon Road is not too bad. Just not the enchiladas. Tacos al Carbon are darn good, as are the Tacos Carnitas.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the Old Santa Fe Grill across from Burt Toyota. Quite tasty, & affordable. STRONG Margs. VERY GOOD green chili & crispy rellenos. Pass on the tacos. Decent enchiladas, not all that memorable. I am quite picky with these however, so YMMV.

The reject list:
Las Delicias. A real disappointment. Similar to greasy spoon comments below.
Whatever the heck that 'Mexican Steak House' is named, on Broadway south of Arapahoe Road. Overpriced Mex. greasy spoon. Another disappointment.
The Mex greasy spoon at Windermere & Mineral. Had a VERY disappointing Huevos Rancheros one Sunday noon. The enchiladas are a textbook example of culinary disaster. Everything not to do with an enchilada. Grease, almost no red chili, orange mess, mushy tortilla, ground some kind of animal. Flavorless, just hot. Need I go on? Oh, yeah- gray frijoles refritos.

The not bad alternatives:
Hacienda Colorado- expensive, pretty good. The hot sauce fish tacos will anneal your innards, too hot for me. Great margs.
Three Margaritas- if you want camarones anything. Several interesting cream sauce-based high cholesterol recipes. Same with some chicken dishes. The one on County Line Road east of Broadway is better than the one on S. Wadsworth. Margs are OK, not bad. Generous portions. They hire Mexican nationals with tourist experience in Mexico, these are not low-budget employees and they take customer service seriously. Had a very interesting political discussion on immigration policy with one server, interesting perspective. Got some mind expansion to go with belly expansion.
On The Border is OK in a pinch, just not very adventuresome. Predictable. Like McDonalds.
Baja Fresh is about the best fast food Mexican I've found. Not all that memorable, but will get you through a meal.

Still looking for genuine New Mexican. You burrito junkies need to get out more!
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.

Last edited by Red_Chili; 08-06-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Default I voted...

But I will not expand due to personal reasons.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Lifted

Actually, Pachangas in Manhattan Beach, CA, is the best. And don't get me started on the best pizza. Well, ok, it's Vincent's Restaurant in Lynbrook, NY.

the Other Matt
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Hard Core 4+

Old Mexico Grill in a strip mall just south of downtown Santa Fe.
Corn Dance Cafe in the Hotel Santa Fe, Native American owned.
When Denver gets a restaurant like these I will buy the place next door and live there.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Rock Stacker

IMO neither one holds a candle to Moe's.

Sadly, Moe's seems to have closed their Denver location at 9th & Lincoln in the Beauvallon Condominium building.

Anyone else know about Moe's?
3.4, 5-speed, Leer topper Otherwise basically stock!