Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
I have no idea if they'd cover off road damage, or not, ...
I would be really pissed if after paying all those premiums an insurance company would not pay for legal and legitimate use of an SUV. I have not heard of this.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

It was not my policy, it was the other guy's.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Oh, doh, the clutch in my brain has been slipping. Been a really long couple of weeks.

I wondered where that smoke and funny smell was coming from.
KDRCH
Bio Page
Old 08-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I think it's all about the agent, though.
Honestly, thats probably 95% of it. My mother-in-law works for the agent so I probably have a skewed perspective of the whole thing. Either way, our agent it really good and has no problem yelling at the "corporate state farm" which is who controls all the claims.

When I welded my wedding ring to my hand (don't ask) the corporate side was being really crappy, my agent called I told him what they were doing. He called and ripped them out and they ended up giving me retail value on a ring for jacking me around...which was cool.

You just need an agent who is really going to work for you...not just sell you a policy.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 11-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Hard Core 4+

I am in the hunt for a new auto and home insurer after American Family has balled up my auto add/drop situation so badly that it's laughable. Their corporate office is simply hopeless.

Anyone have good experiences with an insurance company lately? I'm really more worried about low rates than great payouts on collision. I have 4 vehicles to insure and a house.

Thanks - Steve
Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I am in the hunt for a new auto and home insurer after American Family has balled up my auto add/drop situation so badly that it's laughable. Their corporate office is simply hopeless.

Anyone have good experiences with an insurance company lately? I'm really more worried about low rates than great payouts on collision. I have 4 vehicles to insure and a house.

Thanks - Steve
I've had State Farm and Nationwide for the last 10 years or so, and I switched to Geico in June and haven't looked back. My premiums for the same coverage literally dropped in half for the same vehicles, and they've been super easy to deal with. When I recently bought the 100, I went online, added it, and printed out an insurance card which was very convenient. I haven't had to file claim with them, but I feel good about my experience so far (good discounts for multi line as well).
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

I've read negative things about Geico and claims that have kept me from switching...Based on the above though, maybe I should give them another look. Anyone have first hand experience with Geico (or any other) and having a claim?

Right now we have USAA for auto and have been happy with them and the claims process. For our home we have Allstate but that will be changing soon because our premium went up $400 this year despite us never having put in a claim in over 16 years. You know you need to switch when your mortgage broker and even the title insurance person closing your refi makes a comment about what you are paying for home owner's insurance. It is just so easy to lose track of what that is costing you when it is rolled up into your house payment
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 11-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Kenon698

I have GEICO and have been pleased. Premiums dropped and the one claim that I had a couple of years ago was handled very well and efficiently.
KDGWP
"Moderation in all things including moderation"
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Rising Sun Member

We have Ameriprise from Costco. Best insurance we have ever had.

No questions asked when I submarined the 4runner...
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Lifted

Default Insurance

My family has been dealing with Steve Sorhage at Sorhage and James - he's always found me the best available coverage at the best price - never had any issues with claims and always been extremely happy with the service.
303-759-5175
Current insurer is AMCO, although he deals with whomever gives best coverage for you.