Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 11-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Jazzy

It was great to see Tim and Michelle Nakari at the KUVO 20th Anniversary Celebration last night. We heard some great jazz and now Renee Marie is on my must see and hear list. Tim, are you guys up to see her when she plays a club sometime soon? Any other jazzers on the list?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Rising Sun Commander

You bet! We've got a couple of her disks, I'll bring them out on the next run. We had to bail early to maintain feeding cycle, but trust the rest of the evening was excellent. Glad I got the chance to see Marian McP, she is truly legendary.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 11-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
You bet! We've got a couple of her disks, I'll bring them out on the next run. We had to bail early to maintain feeding cycle, but trust the rest of the evening was excellent. Glad I got the chance to see Marian McP, she is truly legendary.
Willkeep an eye on the entertainment section of the papers and KUVO's website for RM's schedule. I hope that I'm alive when I'm Marion's age and half as hip as she is now. She was so cool and with it even though very short of breath. I've had the Harlem Jazz picture over my turntable for ten years or so because it is such an awesome picture of the jazz giants and it was sobering to read in last night's program that Marion is one of only seven survivors of the original 60 or so in the portrait. Time marches on and explains, to a degree, why there are fewer and fewer FJ40s to be seen in public.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

I learned that Hazel Miller is playing at the Denver Country Club. Think tickets are a little $$

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 11-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr
I learned that Hazel Miller is playing at the Denver Country Club. Think tickets are a little $$
Probably won't be many Cruisers in the parking lot then.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Nice job on the pledge! heard Scotty announce your name this afternoon.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Rising Sun Member

Gotta support the things you love and thanks for the props, Tim. I really had to dig into the memory bank to remember what the original thread was about. If you were listening today, I hope you were motivated to donate. With the economy as it is, donations to the station are at a low ebb and this was probably our fourth of the year. We always volunteer to help with pledge drives as well as other functions and are always appreciated and recompensed admirably every time with tickets to local events and volunteer parties. Been doing it for nearly 25 years now.
KUVO 89.3 on the FM dial - one of the very last ALL jazz stations in the country and, in our opinion, a Denver treasure worthy of your support. They also broadcast in Summit and Eagle counties as KVJZ. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Closet fan here. Actually played a lot of jazz/blues in College. Usually have Jazz on Pandora in the office...need to remember to listen to KUVO!
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11