Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Trail Ready

Default Christmas Tree Cutting With Colorado Land Cruisers

Every Year CLC goes up the rampart range area (near woodland Park) and helps the forest service with the tree cutting events and Recovery of stuck City folk that are out cutting down trees..

This year we have 3 weekends and 6 days to cover, so the club was wondering if Rising Sun has some interested folks to help out.., the dates are in December Sat and Sunday the 1st,2nd, 8th,9th and 15th,16th.

I know the holidays can be busy for everyone.. We would like to have 6 rigs per day up there.. The forest Service would like a list names and commitments by Nov 17th.. so think about it and let me know if you are interested and the dates!

The day's events depend greatly upon how much snow they get.. Some days we end up just messing around all day, and others end up Late with Great Recovery Stories! Biggest truck pulled out by an FJ40 is an F450, so we are always looking to beat that!

Bring Recovery gear, Chains and a CB..
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

WOW! Thank you for the invite Trevor! I have always been envious of this annual event you guys do! That is just plain cool! I am interested in participating....let me hack out the dates with the "Commander and Chief" and I'll see what I can do!

For the RS'ers that have not heard about this event go to Colorado Land Cruisers site and look at some previous years reports....sounds like a fun time for sure! A link

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotel View Post
Every Year CLC goes up the rampart range area (near woodland Park) and helps the forest service with the tree cutting events and Recovery of stuck City folk that are out cutting down trees..

This year we have 3 weekends and 6 days to cover, so the club was wondering if Rising Sun has some interested folks to help out.., the dates are in December Sat and Sunday the 1st,2nd, 8th,9th and 15th,16th.

I know the holidays can be busy for everyone.. We would like to have 6 rigs per day up there.. The forest Service would like a list names and commitments by Nov 17th.. so think about it and let me know if you are interested and the dates!

The day's events depend greatly upon how much snow they get.. Some days we end up just messing around all day, and others end up Late with Great Recovery Stories! Biggest truck pulled out by an FJ40 is an F450, so we are always looking to beat that!

Bring Recovery gear, Chains and a CB..
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Trevor, Stacy and I might be up for the last dates on the 15 or 16th.

I will check with Stacy. I don't have chains and will not be investing in any, but I do have a winch and straps... can I still come?

Thanks!

Drew

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Trail Ready

It Depends on how much snow we get.. Chains are not required, but they help when yanking out stuck trucks..

Thanks guys, we need some more rigs (usualy we only cover 2 weekends)

Some more info on the trip in our Monthly Newsletter - http://www.coloradolandcruisers.org/...in-Oct0907.pdf

Last edited by isotel; 11-02-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Trail Ready

we need to let the FS know who is going by next week so let me know if you can make it and what days..

Its ok if you decide to go later, but they like to know the #'s.. It also lets us know how to divide up the rest of the days amongst the other members of the club..
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Trevor, we are going to have to pull out, I have orders from the Doc not to push my tailbone for quite a few more months.

Sorry man, sounds like a blast!

Drew

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 11-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Rising Sun member

I'm planning on coming at least one day, I'll get with Victor and let him know the dates I'll be available.

Come on Rising Sun, this sounds like a sweet event, tons of fun, and might help with our relations to the Forest Service down in that area to help keep some trails open!

And you get to look official! They give you radios, magnetic signs for your truck, and then turn you loose!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

I would like to participate in this if it is still possible. Let me know the dates that need to be covered and I will see if I can cover any of them.

If I can do this are we allowed to cut a tree too? I would think I would need to pay for a license or permit which I am fine with. Please let me know what works and I will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Rising Sun member

I have to bail. My truck broke in Moab.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I would like to participate in this if it is still possible. Let me know the dates that need to be covered and I will see if I can cover any of them.

If I can do this are we allowed to cut a tree too? I would think I would need to pay for a license or permit which I am fine with. Please let me know what works and I will get back to you.
I will find out which days we need help the most. I am sure you will be able to go home with a tree. Permits are $15 I believe. I do not know if the forest service waives the fee for volunteers or not.

Thanks for the Help!

Matt,
Sorry to hear about the luck, or lack there of.
http://www.coloradolandcruisers.org

86 4runner