Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Georges double map and single courtesy's are at the edge of obnoxious! Personally, I couldn't imagine wanting anything brighter!
We still hang out with you and everyone knows how obnoxious you can be Uncle Ben is probably right....the helicopters keep circling the 80. Apparently the light emitting from the LEDs shows up as a grow house under infrared. I left the dome light on last night and the aliens saw it as some sort of signal. Good show though...the DEA held out for some time but I think the aliens were just messing with them.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Rising Sun member

Root, do you have pics of your 40 instrument cluster with LEDs?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 04-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Nope. I doubt you would find it much brighter than OE. The light is newer though.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post
Nope. I doubt you would find it much brighter than OE. The light is newer though.

I like Root's led instrument lighting....just don't let him know!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Georges double map and single courtesy's are at the edge of obnoxious! Personally, I couldn't imagine wanting anything brighter!

With the Blues brothers dark sunglasses on at night, they are just about right .... The map light alone was enough to light up the whole front of the truck, so it may just be obnoxious to use going down the road at 70 mph. But for the rear dome lights they are great!!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post
OnlineTires.com - Buy Tires and Wheels Online. Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone Tires.
315x75x16 = 220
I called my local Discount Tire, and they are researching the tires for me now. They do have some kind of guarantee for beating other prices.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I called my local Discount Tire, and they are researching the tires for me now. They do have some kind of guarantee for beating other prices.

I doubt they will honor that. I called discount to see if they'd match those online prices and he said it's cheaper than he gets it as his cost and to buy them from online
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 04-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBen View Post
I doubt they will honor that. I called discount to see if they'd match those online prices and he said it's cheaper than he gets it as his cost and to buy them from online
x2 on that (from the County Line and University store)...The first store wouldn't talk to me because they didn't "stock" Toyos . Seems hit or miss with Discount but maybe you'll have better luck . BUT, if they won't price match as if they'll mount and balance and sell you the certs (assuming you want them). I know I've read where others have stated a Discount Tire sold them certs on new unmounted tires that the person bought elsewhere.

Oh, and if you're interested inquire about the 12 mo deferred interest financing...No way I could afford the Toyos outright but at a little every month over a year they were paid off interest free.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Rising Sun member

I bought my MT/Rs at a locally owned place that went out of business - drove over to Discount and they didn't even look at the tires but I was able to buy the lifetime rotate and balance and road hazard stuff.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Price match is 10% "of the difference" and does not include tax. You are better off buying on-line unless.....you have a local store that you want to support.
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133