Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 05-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post
emblem holes
Did you shave it? Should we next be expecting one of those mods that eliminates the door handles?
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Did you drop your headliner?

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Did you shave it? Should we next be expecting one of those mods that eliminates the door handles?
Euro style. No chrome...Cruisers can't have chrome I have never been a fan of the sombrero jelly bean looking emblems so they were removed. Mine was even worse with the faded gold stuff on every corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Did you drop your headliner?
I am trying not to drop the headliner, that thing is silly thin. I did manage to drop a nutsert into the sunroof rail so that will need to be fished out. The plan is to flood the headliner with water and weld up the holes. I have had the headliner wet multiple times and it always seems to recover without damage.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post
Euro style. No chrome...Cruisers can't have chrome I have never been a fan of the sombrero jelly bean looking emblems so they were removed. Mine was even worse with the faded gold stuff on every corner.

I am trying not to drop the headliner, that thing is silly thin. I did manage to drop a nutsert into the sunroof rail so that will need to be fished out. The plan is to flood the headliner with water and weld up the holes. I have had the headliner wet multiple times and it always seems to recover without damage.

Hmmmm....got marshmallows and a stick?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Dude, you're crazy... now I know close to nothing about welding, and well a lot of things for that matter, but I'm pretty sure it involves dripping hot metal, right? Enough to boil off whatever water was in the headliner then commense with the smoldering...

so fwiw I suggest you to reconsider and just drop the thing prior to welding, you probably already have the seats out and all the carpet out again so a few floor jacks and 2x4's could support most the weight while you wiggle all the grab handles free and lower the sucker.

Plus think of all the LED wiring you could do in the ceiling with that headliner removed.. also run some sick coax for the radios, speaker wire, more coax for the DVD screens, cat5, whatever. I've heard it's thin, and fragile, but I've also heard it's "not that bad" to lower.. I'm sure you've read all the same posts though. either way, take a lot of pictures!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Nak...the problem with dropping the headliner is that I can't leave it alone if I take the time to pull it out prior to welding. I'm thinking suede.

Ghetto fabulous paint booth
Attached Images

pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Is that a snorkel you're painting?
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

"Lexus advises its go-faster "F" brand name is derived in name and design from Japan's Fuji Speedway, the Toyota-owned racing facility it describes as 'the home of Lexus performance vehicle development'.

Adds at least $10hp

Anyone know what model the Alpine Scion head unit is? Toyota part number 08600-52838, HBTY501A. Internets said it didn't know anything about it. Mud search came up blank
Attached Images

www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 07-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Is that a snorkel you're painting?
Christo said I couldn't put a snorkel on my truck unless I painted it. Felt funny sanding it down right after opening the box. I read all I could on painting ABS plastics and the 12 or so hours prep should about guarantee the paint sticks to this sucker.
Attached Images

www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 07-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootco View Post
euro Style. No Chrome...cruisers Can't Have Chrome:d I Have Never Been A Fan Of The Sombrero Jelly Bean Looking Emblems So They Were Removed. Mine Was Even Worse With The Faded Gold Stuff On Every Corner.

I Am Trying Not To Drop The Headliner, That Thing Is Silly Thin. I Did Manage To Drop A Nutsert Into The Sunroof Rail So That Will Need To Be Fished Out. The Plan Is To Flood The Headliner With Water And Weld Up The Holes. I Have Had The Headliner Wet Multiple Times And It Always Seems To Recover Without Damage.
Omfg

john (johnny) henley