Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Hard Core 4+

Actually, 1/4 of PS would be desirable. The cost of Elements plus Gimp might be Forrest walking away because it is all overwhelming!

Very informative. Root, let me know how to get Elements from you. And y'all, let me know when / where the class is!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
And y'all, let me know when / where the class is!
Bill, I assure you, you have more class than you could ever get from one of "us all!"
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

[snort]
That is a sad commentary on the rest of y'all!!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I'm pretty adept at Photoshop as well. I'd be glad to be Mr. Root's assistant teacher in a Photoshop class.

To be a true illustrator on the computer, you'll need to learn more than Photoshop. It would be good to learn Adobe Illustrator as well. Photoshop is pixels; Illustrator is vectors. The two programs have started to overlap somewhat, but it's still a good idea to know both of them.

Start with Photoshop. Illustrator is even harder to learn, IMHO.

Mac vs. PC -- I no longer have a preference. I have one of each on my desk. The program is the same. You can get nearly every font for either machine, and usually the same fonts will work on either platform these days. If you have a PC, it is certainly not necessary to buy a Mac to learn Photoshop. The key commands are the same on both platforms, so if he wants to switch at some later time, he won't have to relearn the program at all.

It's also not necessary to use the latest version of Photoshop to learn the program. Look on eBay, and you can usually find earlier, fully licensed versions that will work really well. I would say that Photoshop 5.5 and newer would work just fine -- I think I''ve used every version since Photoshop 4.0.

The student versions are a great deal. A friend of mine who is a professional photographer took some Photoshop and Design classes, and used a web site to buy the software at bargain prices. He just faxed them a copy of his current student ID and then they fulfilled his order. If you want, I can ask him what web site he ordered from.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Great info! My wife who heard that a Mac was far superior (one from an Apple salesman, and another from an artist Mac devotee, go figger) will be comforted to know that.

My boss is a student currently and he is happy to purchase what I need for Forrest, since obviously Forrest is still a student. Root, I would like to figure out how to get the copy of Elements from you, maybe at the next meeting?
KDØRCH
Bio Page