Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Comment Deadline for Price FO RMP SEIS is December 13th

BRC ACTION ALERT ISSUE OF NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED

"A Wilderness Study Area by any other name... still stinks!"
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
The Bureau of Land Management in Utah is Ground Zero for an epic land use battle that could close tens of millions of acres of BLM lands across the West.
The issue concerns the question of whether or not the BLM can create millions of acres of NEW Wilderness Study Areas across the West.
There will be a series of key public comment periods regarding this issue, but perhaps one of the most important deadlines is THIS THURSDAY, December 13, 2007. That is the deadline for the Price Field Office's Resource Management Plan revision.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
This issue extends beyond Utah BLM lands. Utah is Ground Zero on an effort to change the law to allow for an ongoing, never ending expansion of Wilderness Study Areas across all BLM lands.

Fortunately for you, dear BRC Action Alert subscriber, making effective comments on this issue is extremely easy. There are four simple comments below that you need to make. Simply cut and paste these into an email and click send.
As always, if you have any questions or need any help, please call.
Brian Hawthorne 208-237-1008 ext 102
Ric Foster 208-237-1008 ext 107
BlueRibbon Coalition Public Lands Department

SITUATION:
In a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS), Utah BLM's Price Field Office is proposing to designate somewhere in the neighborhood of one million acres of new Wilderness Study Areas. "Isn't that illegal?" You ask? Yes, it is, but BLM says it's legal because these WSAs aren't "WSAs," they are actually "Non-WSA lands with wilderness characteristics." But you asks; "aren't they managed the same as WSAs?" Exactly!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Send the BLM a quick email with the four comments below.

Send your email comment letter to:
Bureau of Land Management, Price Field Office, 125 South 600 West, Price, Utah, 84501

E-Mail:
UT_Pr_Comments@blm.gov
IMPORTANT: Put "Comments on Price RMP SEIS" in the subject line and be certain to include your name and address. A return email address is NOT sufficient! (BLM often discards "anonymous" email comments.)
Dear Price BLM,
I would like to make the following comments on the Price Field Office SEIS:
1) I believe the BLM is establishing new WSAs without the authority to do so. Calling a new WSA by a different name does not make it legal.
2) Please disclose the difference in management prescriptions between "non WSA lands with wilderness characteristics" and WSAs in the FEIS.
3) The 1999 inventory found lands that contain extensive OHV trails to have "wilderness characteristics." If the presence of OHV use did not impact the presence or absence of "wilderness characteristics," then by what rationale is the BLM proposing to significantly reduce OHV trails in these areas?
4) The SEIS is utilizing the Utah BLM 1999 statewide wilderness re-inventory. This inventory was based on criteria that were not available for public comment and review. As an OHV user who will be directly affected by your decision, regulations say I should have a chance to review and comment on such criteria.
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

MORE INFO:
BRC's Utah RMP Website:
http://www.sharetrails.org/public_lands/?section=MoabUpdate
Price BLM Website:
http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/planning.html
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Hard Core 4+

And don't get complacent, here people. There are 4 more DEIS/DRMP periods coming up behind until early February!

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Hard Core 4+

LAST MINUTE REMINDER... From USA-ALL to act.

From our friends at Blue Ribbon...

BRC ACTION ALERT

ISSUE OF NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED

"A Wilderness Study Area by any other name... still stinks!"
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
The Bureau of Land Management in Utah is Ground Zero for an epic land use battle that could close tens of millions of acres of BLM lands across the West.
The issue concerns the question of whether or not the BLM can create millions of acres of NEW Wilderness Study Areas across the West.
There will be a series of key public comment periods regarding this issue, but perhaps one of the most important deadlines is THIS THURSDAY, December 13, 2007. That is the deadline for the Price Field Office's Resource Management Plan revision.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
This issue extends beyond Utah BLM lands. Utah is Ground Zero on an effort to change the law to allow for an ongoing, never ending expansion of Wilderness Study Areas across all BLM lands.

Fortunately for you, dear BRC Action Alert subscriber, making effective comments on this issue is extremely easy. There are four simple comments below that you need to make. Simply cut and paste these into an email and click send.
As always, if you have any questions or need any help, please call.
Brian Hawthorne 208-237-1008 ext 102
Ric Foster 208-237-1008 ext 107
Blue Ribbon Coalition Public Lands Department

SITUATION:
In a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS), Utah BLM's Price Field Office is proposing to designate somewhere in the neighborhood of one million acres of new Wilderness Study Areas. "Isn't that illegal?" You ask? Yes, it is, but BLM says it's legal because these WSAs aren't "WSAs," they are actually "Non-WSA lands with wilderness characteristics." But you asks; "aren't they managed the same as WSAs?" Exactly!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Send the BLM a quick email with the four comments below.

Send your email comment letter to:
Bureau of Land Management, Price Field Office, 125 South 600 West, Price, Utah, 84501

E-Mail:
UT_Pr_Comments@blm.gov
IMPORTANT: Put "Comments on Price RMP SEIS" in the subject line and be certain to include your name and address. A return email address is NOT sufficient! (BLM often discards "anonymous" email comments.)
Dear Price BLM,
1) I believe the BLM is establishing new WSAs without the authority to do so. Calling a new WSA by a different name does not make it legal.
2) Please disclose the difference in management prescriptions between "non WSA lands with wilderness characteristics" and WSAs in the FEIS.
3) The 1999 inventory found lands that contain extensive OHV trails to have "wilderness characteristics." If the presence of OHV use did not impact the presence or absence of "wilderness characteristics," then by what rationale is the BLM proposing to significantly reduce OHV trails in these areas?
4) The SEIS is utilizing the Utah BLM 1999 statewide wilderness re-inventory. This inventory was based on criteria that were not available for public comment and review. As an OHV user who will be directly affected by your decision, regulations say I should have a chance to review and comment on such criteria.
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

MORE INFO:
BRC's Utah RMP Website:
http://www.sharetrails.org/public_lands/?section=MoabUpdate
Price BLM Website:
http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/planning.html
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

Here's mine, write yours!!
_______
Bureau of Land Management
Price Field Office
125 South 600 West
Price, Utah 84501

Dear Price BLM,
1) I believe the BLM is establishing new Wilderness Study Area equivalent designations without the authority to do so. Calling a new WSA by a different name does not make it legal. The management protocol as described is not significantly different than WSA management, and the BLM has NO legal authority to do this circumvention of approved process.

2) If the BLM disagrees with this description above, please disclose the difference in management prescriptions between "non WSA lands with wilderness characteristics" and WSAs in the FEIS.

3) The 1999 inventory found lands that contain extensive OHV trails to have "wilderness characteristics." If the presence of OHV use did not impact the presence or absence of "wilderness characteristics," then by what rationale is the BLM proposing to significantly reduce OHV trails in these areas? It seems obvious that the BLM is attempting to change the characteristics of the lands in question, and this threatens other OHV areas by concentrating increased demand on a smaller land footprint (increasing impact). Is the BLM turning OHV areas into environmental "throw-away" areas?

4) The SEIS is utilizing the Utah BLM 1999 statewide wilderness re-inventory. This inventory was based on criteria that were not available for public comment and review. As an OHV user who will be directly affected by your decision, regulations say I should have a chance to review and comment on such criteria. This action violates the current regulations.

Please keep me advised as to your progress in these areas,
William H. Morgan, Jr.
Land Use Coordinator
Rising Sun 4x4 Club
[address]
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Here's mine, write yours!!
_______
Started it last night and will finish it this am! Thanks Bill!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

Has to be emailed today!

Also can't hurt to Cc your Congressional reps, so they know that their constituents are interested and paying attention to what the USFS and BLM are doing. Nothing ticks off a Congressman more than another agency making a power play.

Wayne Allard
521 Dirksen Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-5941
http://allard.senate.gov/public/inde...n=Contact.Home

Ken Salazar
702 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-5852
salazar.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm

Colorado US House, District One
Diana DeGette
2421 Rayburn House Office Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-4431
degette@mail.house.gov

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Has to be emailed today!

Also can't hurt to Cc your Congressional reps, so they know that their constituents are interested and paying attention to what the USFS and BLM are doing. Nothing ticks off a Congressman more than another agency making a power play.

It will be interesting if I get a personal e-mail back from Allard again like last time. Never got anything back before that wasn't a form letter response!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

Ditto on Allard, either nothing or a canned response. Kinda like his Senate record IMHO. Salazar, on the other hand, has been rather responsive! He had one of his local guys chat me up for a while and I've been keeping him in the loop.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 12-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Grrr, I keep on missing these deadlines. Need to mark them down on the calander. Thanks to the rest of you for taking the time to send them in

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 12-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

Just keep checking the Land Use forum each and every morning!
KDØRCH
Bio Page