Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
The hardest part about lending tools is keeping track of who has them. Who would be in charge of the tool tracking and of course monitoring the condition of the club tools?
I think this is a good use of club funds, but we would need a plan for this, as Uncle Ben states.

Years ago, I was in an outdoors club in Chicago: camping, backpacking, etc. We all bucked up and bought an expensive backpacking stove. The guy who kept it at his house eventually decided he no longer wanted to be a part of the club, but he kept the stove. He never returned calls, and the rest of us were S.O.L.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Hard Core 4+

Inventory it as a part of the CM trailer kit?
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Rising Sun member

Good idea Bill, so can we get answers here?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Inventory it as a part of the CM trailer kit?
The trailer is just a trailer with stuff in it. I dunno if there is even someone from delegated on the CM committee to keep track of what is in it.

IMHO. We would either start a new position - Quartermaster or give it to someone like the vice commander to as part of duties. It wouldn't be that hard to keep track or 3-5 nice sst's for the club. You would have to check it out and check it in.
TLCA#4180
Old 01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
IMHO. We would either start a new position - Quartermaster or give it to someone like the vice commander to as part of duties. It wouldn't be that hard to keep track or 3-5 nice sst's for the club. You would have to check it out and check it in.
I like Wes' idea

A new position or add the reposibility to an existing position. Matt brings up a good point in the "risk" so I would suggest a security deposit (cash or valid credit card) could be required along with a signed form (in case the CC needs to be charged for the tool) to check out a tool. Also maybe initiate a rule that you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before you have access to the tools?

Add in some time limits on how long a tool can be checked out and that should protect the club pretty well. Logistics on where the tools are kept and how members gain access to them should be easy to work out. Whomever is the "Tool Keeper" can bring what is needed to the next meeting OR the borrower can go to the "Tool Keeper"

I think we can make this work while protecting the club and add yet another great benefit of joining the club
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I like where this is going. So say you have to be a RS member for at least a year? Then you can "check out" and return the tools at the meeting, and work your deposit with the toolkeeper.

How about one of those FF rear axle tools, anyone have one? I've done the job with, and done the job without, it's easier with.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Rising Sun member

I don't know about the time thing - I've only been a member a few months and a tool is on its way that could be "donated" that I wouldn't even be able to use until this September or whatever. Besides there's not really a time requirement to become an officer - myself and Carlton I think are both examples of that. Maybe there just needs to be a little more selectivity when voting members in to make sure they're trustworthy with loaning tools out, and that's just part of membership privileges.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I think if you're a paid member, you get all the benefits of being a member immediately.

If you're someone who just hangs out on the forum and comes to trail runs, no special tools for you.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Hard Core 4+

I like the idea of Quartermaster.
Tools can be available to paid members. Simple deal.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Ok works for me. So can I borrow the full floater hub socket please? I need to do a rear axle service..

www.gamiviti.com