Old 01-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

^ that's just screaming for a caption
Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

A cool one...
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Hard Core 4+

My hobbies are simple and boring compared to some of the ones listed here.

Right now hockey is on the top of my list, it keeps me in shape and my frustrations down.

Next would be woodworking and refinishing of antique furniture, settles the nerves. It brings a sense of satisfaction when I complete a piece and either sell it or deliver it to the customer. I love creating things.

Riding, any kind. Dirt or street, though dirt may have seen its last days as it kills my body. We, Sharon and I, enjoy street riding very much. That is to say we head out to places outside of Denver. Usually a quick ride up to Rampart range or Palmer Lake. Either way we enjoy the scenery and the feeling riding a motorcycle gives you.

Last is softball, more to see friends and have a beer than playing the game. Old friends is what it is all about.

All pretty low budget untill you toss in the 4Runner and all the trips we are taking this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Lifted

Send a message via AIM to ianacole Send a message via MSN to ianacole Send a message via Yahoo to ianacole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
Nice! I miss racing but there is only so much money in the "toy" budget.
I pull this patch off my old racing jacket the other day since it doesn't seem to fit anymore (it must have shrunk ), the racing pic was from the 1982 Solo II Championship event in "Lil Red" my RX-2.
Very cool Mike!! I ran FP in Solo II the last couple years (nowhere near national caliber), only recently getting into the performance driving scene. Last year I found out about road racing and NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and have been sucked dry ever since Car's currently in the shop in a million pieces due to bouncing it off a bunker at the last event of the season last year
Old 01-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianacole View Post
Very cool Mike!! I ran FP in Solo II the last couple years (nowhere near national caliber), only recently getting into the performance driving scene. Last year I found out about road racing and NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and have been sucked dry ever since Car's currently in the shop in a million pieces due to bouncing it off a bunker at the last event of the season last year
Sorry to hear it, that sucks but always a risk. I sold the RX-2 to my roommate who put it into a light pole at the first event he ran .... it was a total loss I bought an RX-7 to build but got distracted with a divorce and sold it before ever hitting the track.

When I saw Chris's pic I realized I never think about flying as hobby now that I can earn a living with it but it started out as a hobby (I also had this idea that I would end up a superstar race car driver and would need it to get from track to track )

I've been lucky enough to fly over some amazing places.

This is Victoria Falls in Africa (in an ultralight)

I found a way to mount a video camera in the back seat and made several videos flying in and out of interesting airports.

This is a still pic on final approach from a video into the "late" Meigs Field in Chicago

I took a friend up and shot this video of my flight into Aspen
(turn sound down/off I was having problems with the connections)
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

This hobby is many years old, but next to Cruisers, its what I did the majority of my adult life. I stopped so I could enjoy the rest of my adult life.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
When I saw Chris's pic I realized I never think about flying as hobby now that I can earn a living with it but it started out as a hobby (I also had this idea that I would end up a superstar race car driver and would need it to get from track to track )
Way pics and video Mike

One my favorite flights I made was a winter mountain flight from APA down over to Ten Mile Resevoir, over Monarch Pass, up past Crested Butte, up and over and down into Aspen for a touch and go (from the back side), up through Glenwood Springs and the canyon, then over to Eagle for lunch. From Eagle we flew past Beaver Creek, Vail (after a wrong turn up Hwy 24), over Vail Pass and past Copper Mtn ( to the skiers), then Breck, Keystone, up and over Loveland Pass (after a wrong "turn" up Montezuma), down over Georgetown, past Mt. Evans with a wicked looking lenticular cloud, over Kenosha Pass into South Park, and then back to APA. Total flight time IIRC was < 3 hours

If you ever need a co-pilot let me know - Haven't flown since '95 but it is just like riding a bike, right?
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
Way pics and video Mike

One my favorite flights I made was a winter mountain flight from APA down over to Ten Mile Resevoir, over Monarch Pass, up past Crested Butte, up and over and down into Aspen for a touch and go (from the back side), up through Glenwood Springs and the canyon, then over to Eagle for lunch. From Eagle we flew past Beaver Creek, Vail (after a wrong turn up Hwy 24), over Vail Pass and past Copper Mtn ( to the skiers), then Breck, Keystone, up and over Loveland Pass (after a wrong "turn" up Montezuma), down over Georgetown, past Mt. Evans with a wicked looking lenticular cloud, over Kenosha Pass into South Park, and then back to APA. Total flight time IIRC was < 3 hours

If you ever need a co-pilot let me know - Haven't flown since '95 but it is just like riding a bike, right?
Sounds like a blast

Sometime I'll have to tell you a story about taking a student into Aspen

Yes it is, I'll keep you in mind.