Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Tread lightly vote cast for Rising Sun

Lin and I took the time to read the bios for the candidates for the Industy and Media representative positions of Tread Lightly.

We selected Bill Hines and Jeff Nasi to represent the the positions respectfully.

While all four candidates are most certainly capable of performing the duties of the positions, we had to choose only two.
Our main selection criteria was, "Which candidate is more likely to be in tune with the Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club's interests?"

Bill and Jeff are currently employed in truck related industries while their opponents are employed in the ATV segment of the industry.

In summary, we selected the Jeep guy over the John Deere guy in the "industry" position and the Peterson's magazine guy over the boating and powersports guy in the "media" position.

Next time, I'll be prepared to put forth the information about the positions and candidates before the club membership to make sure the club's decision is expressed in the voting procedure. This time we are under a time constraint.

-Stephen and Lin
Old 01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Thank you Rude Boy and Lyn! Your choices seem well thought out and I agree with your reasoning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leiniesred View Post
Lin and I took the time to read the bios for the candidates for the Industy and Media representative positions of Tread Lightly.

We selected Bill Hines and Jeff Nasi to represent the the positions respectfully.

While all four candidates are most certainly capable of performing the duties of the positions, we had to choose only two.
Our main selection criteria was, "Which candidate is more likely to be in tune with the Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club's interests?"

Bill and Jeff are currently employed in truck related industries while their opponents are employed in the ATV segment of the industry.

In summary, we selected the Jeep guy over the John Deere guy in the "industry" position and the Peterson's magazine guy over the boating and powersports guy in the "media" position.

Next time, I'll be prepared to put forth the information about the positions and candidates before the club membership to make sure the club's decision is expressed in the voting procedure. This time we are under a time constraint.

-Stephen and Lin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

I know I speak on behalf of the whole club in thanking Lin and Steve for stepping up and taking care of this. Sounds like a well thought out position.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 01-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thank you Lin and Steve. Looks like good choices and sound reasoning.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

You coulda put twice the work in and four times the education and the result would be... exactly the same! You nailed it, you have a read on the club IMHO.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.