Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

Bill, I see a bender in your future! I have been wanting to buy one too, want to share the cost??? Can always sell it after we are done. LMK what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Hard Core 4+

Got a pipe bender. You are welcome to use it if pipe works for your plans rather than tubing. It would be tempting to try to have a tubing die made for it, frankly. 1.5" and 2", that would take care of most needs. I don't know why HF doesn't sell them. Guess pipe works for their clientèle.

Maybe lining the next size up pipe die with some 'skin' from tubing would work? Cheep-N-Cheesy. Hey, but if it works...

I just don't bend enough tubing to justify a tubing bender and dies.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Got a pipe bender. You are welcome to use it if pipe works for your plans rather than tubing. It would be tempting to try to have a tubing die made for it, frankly. 1.5" and 2", that would take care of most needs. I don't know why HF doesn't sell them. Guess pipe works for their clientèle.

Maybe lining the next size up pipe die with some 'skin' from tubing would work? Cheep-N-Cheesy. Hey, but if it works...

I just don't bend enough tubing to justify a tubing bender and dies.
I hear you, I just don't know how well pipe will hold up to abuse from the Rubithon. If you think it is OK I would be willing to split the cost of a die maybe. I want to add to the outside protection, not a full EXO but a half maybe. Protect the fenders and top somewhat etc. Not to mention the rear sides like you did and anything else. Give me a call when you can, maybe we can figure something out.

BTW how are you and your family doing? Sharon and I gave our dogs a big hug from your family and Anna MacKay We were sad the rest of the night, she was a beautiful member of your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks, Tom. It's tough.

As far as pipe, it is not as strong or light, but should be strong enough. I have all the pipe dies. Let me know.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.