Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 12-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

I don't really care when we do the pizza thing. However, I am prepared to post up a run for Sunday the 8th. Yankee Hill, in which case Idaho Springs pizza would be an option. I was going to do the run the weekend of the 14th, but the Bronco's will be playing one of those days, we won't know when, till the previous weekend.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Exclamation

Cripes, people: HOW MANY YEARS IN A ROW ARE WE GOING TO HAVE THIS FRIGGIN' ARGUMENT?! It's becoming as much of a tradition as the runs themselves.

The New Year's Day run has been around for a few years, but, to my knowledge, it has not been the annual Snow & Pizza run (since I have been a member, anyway). I think this run got started by Perry and Dan Markofsky. It's a cool run, a cool idea, but it is not the big kahuna. The turnout for this run is usually a small group of people.

For the last few years, the Annual Snow & Pizza Run has been held on varying weekends in January, depending on the snow and who's leading it. The turnout for this run is usually very large -- I think we had 37 rigs a few years ago. We've been eating pizza in different places, too. I am in favor of Idaho Springs -- the pizza is better than Central City.

If the New Year's Day run guys want to eat pizza too, no one is stopping them (and I may try to make this myself).

For several months, Scott Yoder has been planning on leading the Annual Snow & Pizza Run up in the Yankee Hill area. He has talked about it at RS meetings. He has planned and led this run for several years in a row now. This is the "official" run.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

i agree with matt...snow and pizza run has been seperate of the actual new years run...they sometimes involve pizza and beer...oh wait....many of our runs involve beer and possibly pizza...

don't count on making over to idaho springs without a workout. scott and i hit some good drifts. the first few vehicles will have a lot of work cut out for them on that hill with the evil tree that loves to draw rigs to it.
ige tlca #1431
Old 12-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

An alternative way will need to be taken into Idaho Springs for sure. I don't even think Rudy, Kevin or Robbie could make it all the way over Yankee Hill this winter. Or the tow bar V8 brothers or that matter.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Snow Pizza run lead by Scott, Sunday, January 8th:

link: http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=594

Kevin and I will be going up before then on the official New Years Day run and I will have pizza afterwards because I can
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Last edited by treerootCO; 12-28-2005 at 12:32 AM.