Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default It's a BOY!!

One thing I learned upon losing Anna, I need a Sheltie in my life or Daddy ain't happy. Much less Mama.

Half an hour ago he had no name, and his forever home was unknown.

Now he is Akadia Try Baby Try, callname Ty:
Name:  Ty-held.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  130.9 KB

Name:  Ty-Standing.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  141.3 KB

He is by the number 5 Sheltie in the country, out of a champion producing bitch. He is going to pet/performance due to being most likely undersize, probably 12 1/2" or 13" at maturity. Gonna give Agility a try with him.

He is probably the cutest little furbaby Sheltie I have ever seen. You can tell he is small when compared to his blue merle brother, who my wife wants - but she is second in line for him.

Name:  Ty&Blu-held.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  119.8 KB

Uh... insert obligatory 4x4 content here:
The breeders are into 4x4ing in the mountains of Idaho, and her husband is into old Powerwagons:
Name:  Powerwagon.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  40.4 KB
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Rising Sun Member

Congrats Bill. For a minute there I thought Squishy . . . oh never mind

Cute pup. Its hard to beat a new puppy.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

Squishy (Justin) better not! One thing I learned by rolling my truck: keep the equipment stowed.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.

Last edited by Red_Chili; 01-20-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Great to hear Bill, looks like he is a character already...........

Size doesn't matter, they make up for it in different ways.

Sharon says " how cute, he should take them both!!!!" There is a thought?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Good looking pup there Bill! Congrats!

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Great to hear Bill, looks like he is a character already...........

Size doesn't matter, they make up for it in different ways.

Sharon says " how cute, he should take them both!!!!" There is a thought?????
Working that angle... another person is first in line for the Blue, but Carrie wants him bad... His personality is more of a companion dog, which is ideal for her. When she is doing her aggregate leaf sculptures, she spends a lot of time outdoors, at her mom's place. Just a little fencing over there, and they could play together all day under her supervision.
Perfect situation.

In fact, in this case size DOES matter - he would be strictly going to a showing owner if he were 'in size'. He is a remarkable dog. Notice how the redeye removal left his eyes a bit 'blue' looking? Every single picture, he is looking the person right in the eyes. Not in an alpha way, but responsive. The breeder says this is something she looks for when selecting a dog for obedience and agility, which she shows and scores in. I've never done that but I love watching it, and Anna was never appropriate for it. Ty is. And being small, he will compete against slower dogs in his size class. Bonus for me (makes up for owner shortcomings... )

She has never had a puppy with coats like these boys. You should see the dad... Stunning. Remember, these are ten week old puppies. Never seen Sheltie babies look like this.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 01-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

i know what you mean about size in that way, my parents got a Pekingese from a top breeder in Holland. He was going to euthanize the guy because his nose was 2 mm to short to be a SHOW dog. My parents got him because they did not care about showing him.

He lived to be 16, amazing on its own, lost both eyes in dog fights before being 5 years old. Was run over twice by cars, broke each hip, had rods in both. Till the day he died, his way, he ran the household. We had three cats, two more dogs an Amazon Parrot, they all tip toed around him. Never ran into furniture, moved it sometimes, when running to the dogie door.

Size does not matter in life just when showing dogs......................I rather have them laying next to me with a grin on both our faces.

Enjoy your new dogie (S) ;-)

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

dogs rule
TLCA#4180
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

YUP! They do. I like our cat, Miss Kitty, just fine... she is a member of the family... but she is a cat.
Our big neighbor tom is part Labrador Retriever and a talker, I like that aspect of him better (he hunts me down to jump in my arms), but he is still a cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
...He was going to euthanize the guy because his nose was 2 mm to short to be a SHOW dog. My parents got him because they did not care about showing him.
That is a crime. They don't do that stateside...
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 01-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
That is a crime. They don't do that stateside...
You would be surprised what they do, the puppy mills here are terrible. Since my parents and I have a Dogie store, food and supplies, we have been overwhelmed with people wanting to sell puppies through us.

We visited some here in CO and most were fine but two we went to got turned in to the state. We decided not to sell animals as there are enough people who do that. We sell healthy food that is part organic or freshly made. We also carry some of the better known brands but only the good stuff. When that dog food scare came we did not have to pull ANY food since none of our food was made with any of those ingredients.

Can't wait to see the little furball in person

Quote:

TLCA #6136