Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Hard Core 4+

Oh, puppy mills were not what I had in mind when I said that. Showdog breeders were. Puppy mills... don't get me started. I saw one this week who presented herself as a breeder of championship lined dogs... she is a cattle person who treats dogs like livestock. Unsanitary, crowded, and her bitch is working on developing an anxiety disorder or my name ain't Red Chili. And she bred a Blue Merle to a Sable, which is NOT done for genetic reasons, and ... and... OK breathe in, breathe out...

So you do dog stuff, eh? We must speak, suh.
Quote:
Can't wait to see the little furball in person
You and me both. It will be at least a week.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Hard Core 4+

By the way... the other people wanted the Blue. So my wife was not as fortunate as I...
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

Bummer, give me a call when ever. We have some great foods for pups and adult dogs, even some for cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Rising Sun Member

Beautiful new puppy Bill

I love shelties - We've had several over the years and they were all great companions. Currently I'm saddled with a schizophrenic Bichon Frise that is afraid of his own shadow...My sister-in-law decided to buy the dog for my oldest daughter for her birthday without asking us...Much like they did on the pony they bought as well
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater

Last edited by corsair23; 01-21-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Hard Core 4+

dude - I would have loaned ya skyler any day.... or week, or month

(just kidding)

congrats
Old 01-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Took off to Idaho with Tramontana who graciously (no, way MORE than graciously) offered to co-drive just for the heck of it. Boz is a very generous person and very good company.

I-80 was a terror. We had winds up to 50mph from the SW, and saw a dozen jack-knifed semis, and maybe a dozen vehicles off in the snow in the median and shoulder, several rolled and rather nasty. One had two ambulances. Just giving the Taco slight throttle resulted in sideways motion. Once we neared Rock Springs though, it was smooth (if long) sailing to Idaho.

Picked up Ty, got the run through of shots and other particulars, got the tour of old Powerwagons (he has some really really COOL Powerwagons, a flatfender Willys, an old M something or other Jeep, an Army Mule vehicle, and a great shop area with a waste-oil burning wood stove). Met all her dogs, including Ty's dad Deuce, who is an incredible dog and not usually interested in people much - of course, I had to rise to the challenge, and started scratching his chest, which had him putty in my hands and suddenly lost interest in anything else. He figured I was pretty OK as people go.

One of her dogs has a thing for chasing laser pointers. Really funny. Her cats play with the puppies and that will work out well for Ty and our Miss Kitty. Her other dogs jump into their two-tier kennel crates in the heated garage just by opening the doors. They are all like a bunch of kids in dog suits, all smart, and all very good natured.

Dinner with them at the sub shop had us discussing the incoming storm, and memories of I-80 had me thinking return routes and timing. We decided to drive through the night and beat the storm, and since I-80 had a high wind warning (as opposed to what we drove through? ) starting at 2AM, I-70 was looking better all the time. So that is what we did.

1500 miles in 30 hours will wear a boy out for sure. We traded driving and did it safely though.

After one afternoon home, Ty is quickly getting the 'potty outside' thing. He learned tricks, played enthusiastically with everyone, endeared my wife and kids to himself, and is enthusiastically eating - he didn't seem to need an adjustment period and doesn't cry through the night (kenneled in our bedroom of course), and seems to be a very well-settled, confident social dog.

Well worth being picky about where to get him!
Sincerely,
-Stoked New Dad!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Sounds like a cool trip! Congrats on the new member of your family!
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Awesome Bill...Glad you made it up and back safely with that little bundle of joy
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater