Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 12-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Howdy...

Hey all!

First, you can blame Mr. Morgan for this post - he encouraged me to invade your personal space.

I had the opportunity to spend 5 days in Denver, Springs and Boulder a few weeks ago, including dinner w/ Mr. and Mrs. Chili. Anyway, I have been thinking about moving out of Mn for a LONG time now, but after a job opportunity fell through (Denver), I kind of gave up. After have the chance to spend more time in CO, I've decided to renew my search for opportunities outside of the frozen Tundra I've called home my entire life.

So.... I guess I'm looking for advice. I'm a computer guys, I guess, w/ a background in messaging, directories, security, and internal application design consulting/3rd party application review. I'm mostly an internal consultant, I guess. So I'm curious where to begine the search... I'd like to stay in the S. Denver area or maybe 'Springs. Boulder was nice, but I don't think I'd.. uh... "fit."

Any ideas of where to start or companies to contact?

Thanks!
bkg

Oh.. For those of you who don't know me from other sites, I have a well built 88 4Runner that I never wheel.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Welcome. Do not worry about the invaiding part... We will just make Red Chili buy the at the next meeting . Myself, am not a fan of Boulder/Springs. Like the areas around them, just not the cities. Good luck with the search. Oh, and this thread is useless without pics Happy New Year

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"

Last edited by bh4rnnr; 12-27-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr
Welcome. Do not worry about the invaiding part... We will just make Red Chili buy the at the next meeting . Myself, am not a fan of Boulder/Springs. Like the areas around them, just not the cities. Good luck with the search. Oh, and this thread is usless without pics Happy New Year
I had fun in boulder, but I'm just a weeeeeee bit to conservative to actually live there. I've only visted 'Springs after dark (wedding), but I have friends there.

Pics? Of my non-wheeling 4runner? Not sure I even have any other than those from the previous owner.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

ah....don't blame you for leaving mn...i was born in st paul many decades ago...spent much of my younger years in the midwest. as long as you know how to drive in the snow and aren't a jerk (not from california/texas), coloradoans will welcome you.

can't help you on the job search unless you want to sell truck parts, but do hope to meet you.
ige tlca #1431
Old 12-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Trail Ready

What's up Brian!

There are folks up here who still don't believe the purple truck exists
I am one of the mythical few who have seen it in person.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default some places to check...

I have no idea if they're hiring or really what your skill set actually means

AMS-CGI, Denver/Golden
McDATA Corp. (Broomfield, closer to Boulder)
Comcast - DTC (Denver Tech Center)
Insureworx - Denver
Coorstec (sp?)
I think HP has a location in the Springs
Sun/StorageTek, but they're also in the Boulder area

Just thought I'd throw some things out there...Good Luck!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg
I guess, w/ a background in messaging, directories, security, and internal application design consulting/3rd party application review. I'm mostly an internal consultant, I guess. So I'm curious where to begine the search... I'd like to stay in the S. Denver area or maybe 'Springs. Boulder was nice, but I don't think I'd.. uh... "fit."

Any ideas of where to start or companies to contact?
There really isn't much in the springs.. I'd rule it out unless you have a contact there. While the tech center has jobs I found ALOT more IT stuff from north denver like westminister, thornton, broomfield to boulder than I did in the Tech center.

Search Monster and the other online job hosting sites like dice, robert half, etc . I found alot of companies through them. The library usually has access databases to find companies and what they do. Also a good recruiter will help alot out here.

my .02 after searching for the last 10mos.
TLCA#4180
Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Jerk
What's up Brian!

There are folks up here who still don't believe the purple truck exists
I am one of the mythical few who have seen it in person.
I'm being stalked! :p

And it's NOT purple, ya weiner! Lots of people have seen the truck - everyone who drives by my Mom's place, for example... And Hogan's, and Cramer, and Carl, and... others. So there! That reminds me that I need to call Cramer and see if he's going to be at the shop this weekend... Might bring the Truck down there and install the new rear bumper/tire carrier.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl
There really isn't much in the springs.. I'd rule it out unless you have a contact there. While the tech center has jobs I found ALOT more IT stuff from north denver like westminister, thornton, broomfield to boulder than I did in the Tech center.

Search Monster and the other online job hosting sites like dice, robert half, etc . I found alot of companies through them. The library usually has access databases to find companies and what they do. Also a good recruiter will help alot out here.

my .02 after searching for the last 10mos.
Thanks for the info! Searching shall begin!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Rising Sun Member

Ok, I don't know you personally but as a referral from Morgan, that's good enough for me. What's you name?

I can hook you up with my consulting company (Robert Half Technology's), they have placed me in my last several jobs. 6 month's to hire, kind of thing. I am a PC tech, they have got me in the door to several company's when things were tough out there. I would be more than happy to call my recruiter and tell them what kind of an awesome guy you are. If your interested.