Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Damn, there is getting to be less and less of us Natives, but if Texans HAVE to move here, at least their cruiser folk. About 95% of the cruiser people I have met are good people. The other 5% weren't sober enough to remember anything.

That there is some truth!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Hard Core 4+

my driveway runs all the way down the south side of my house. my computer room, kitchen and living room are also on the south side of my house. guess i get the best of both worlds.

i do still have to chip ice a few times a year...it builds up where all the vehicles block the sunlight. oh, wait, that's the entire driveway
ige tlca #1431
Old 01-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggoner5 View Post
Can't wait to have you up here Carson. These Coloradans are in dire need of some more Texan influence. In other words....I need back-up.
You got it! Now if I can just find a house that I can afford that the wife likes...
'00 UZJ100
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
my driveway runs all the way down the south side of my house. my computer room, kitchen and living room are also on the south side of my house. guess i get the best of both worlds.

i do still have to chip ice a few times a year...it builds up where all the vehicles block the sunlight. oh, wait, that's the entire driveway
I think I've seen pictures of the stable o' Cruisers...you're Ige, right? Can't wait to meet you guys...
'00 UZJ100
Old 01-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Carson, you better get your self registered for Cruise Moab so you can get to meet all your future fellow club members

What time frame you looking at moving?
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Carson, you better get your self registered for Cruise Moab so you can get to meet all your future fellow club members

What time frame you looking at moving?
I'd love to make Moab...maybe when I live closer!

We would wait for my oldest son to finish school this semester (1st grade) and move around late May or early June.

Found some cool houses on realtor.com in Genesee and Evergreen. I have always liked that area. How are the schools up that way? Anyone know?
'00 UZJ100
Old 01-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Carson, come on up man! We need to have a dedicated trailer run when you do. Can't help you with all the details, I live closer to Boulder in the #3 Rated small town in America (Money Magazine)... Louisville (pronounced lewis-ville).

FWIW, we have an amazing per captia of cruisers on the northside, and we have a cool breakfast club that our southside friends get jealous of

Hope your move goes smoothly!

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 01-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Funny, I live in Genesee and chose this area because of the location and the schools. We love the school that Shelby is in. Call me the next time you come up and I'll show you around. Its definitely a buyers market around here.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmontgo View Post
Found some cool houses on realtor.com in Genesee and Evergreen. I have always liked that area. How are the schools up that way? Anyone know?
Beautiful areas for sure. Don't know about the schools but sounds like Gary does. Again, the downside would be the commute. From Genesee to say the DTC area is probably a good 30-45 mins in good weather and decent traffic. Double to triple that with bad weather/traffic. Evergreen (depending on where in Evergreen) is probably another 15-30 mins additional.

Some people don't mind a long commute. Personally I hate a long commute and traffic so that is my bias . I use to commute from the South side of Denver to the North Side daily and the commute on a perfect day was ~35 minutes. Perfect days were rare so my typical commute was more like an hour each way. That turns a typical 8 hour work day into a 10 hour work day . I found myself staying later at work just to avoid rush hour traffic. Suddenly my 8 hour work day became an 11 hour work day, trading more time at work for less time on the road, and in traffic.

In the end, if your job requires you to travel all over the metro area on a regular basis then non of this may really matter
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Hard Core 4+

That is great to hear that about the schools, Gary. It is also good to hear that it is a buyer's market, since real estate is much more expensive in Colorado. Let's try to hook up some time in the next month or 6 weeks; that would be great.

The commute is not too big of an issue; I recently finished a project at Denver West and I70. I can see where weather could present a problem though.
'00 UZJ100