Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Good Stocking Herculiner Dealer

Looking for a decent Herculiner (or a near equivalent) stocking shop locally has turned out to be tougher than I thought. I finally got out of work early enough Saturday that shops were still open and so I stopped at a few places that stock Herculiner. Yes they did, but always black for truck beds. Anyone seen white or maybe grey lately? Just doing the rocker panels and not sure I'll like black. I might just end up ordering it, but I'm not sure how much I will end up using and would hate to run short and end up with one and a half Herculined rockers...

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 01-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Hard Core 4+

I bet you have to order, I've never seen it anywhere anything but black.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Kimmel View Post
I bet you have to order, I've never seen it anywhere anything but black.
That was pretty much what I figured, checking just in case though.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 01-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dave,

What are some of the other brands out there? This is a popular mod on 80s and over on MUD I've seen MANY threads on this. All sorts of different colors and there was even one guy that did his entire 80 in a green color. Hants had his LX done in a color other than black as well. IIRC most of the folks just ordered what they needed online and had it shipped to their door.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Hard Core 4+

Yep, Line-X should be able to do the deed for ya. There is a shop on Broadway near Arapahoe IIRC, but there are many around. Having it done might be more $$$ but you ain't doing much, and it will be uber consistent.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Yep, Line-X should be able to do the deed for ya. There is a shop on Broadway near Arapahoe IIRC, but there are many around. Having it done might be more $$$ but you ain't doing much, and it will be uber consistent.
Hadn't thought of Line-X since the most care I've ever given a pickup bed is the rubber mat this one has. I ended up finding that 4WPW sells Herculiner, although they didn't have quarts of white either. But they were willing to order it in and should have it by the middle of the week. It wasn't that expensive (I pre-paid for it), but I might just end up shelving the Herculiner for use on other stuff and do the Line-X route. I did try and pull the dents out of the rocker panels. That ended up not working quite as well as I'd hoped. The door closes cleanly and I have a somewhat shallower dent, but it's uneven and I have 3 little holes in it. The semi flat black Rustoleum that I used to paint it also looks attractive. LOL!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via Yahoo to Hants

I actually checked out both Rhino and Line-X. The Line-X product looks nicer, and isn't "rubbery" like Rhino, and appeared much more durable.

The Line-X folks will do custom colors for you for a small fee.

"that guy down in Colorado Springs" - Jeff

"Damn you, Hants White!" - CruiserDan

"Wanna race?" - Bill Morgan

"Live long, love lots, cruise often." - Robert Fortune
Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Hard Core 4+

I stopped by the Line-X place on Broadway, asked for a quote to do the bed of my truck. They were about a $100 more than the Rhino line guys. Not sure if there product is more superior than Rhino. I had a Rhino liner on my 2000 Silverado for 5 years never a problem.

The nice thing about having it done is the thickness of the product. If you roll it on yourself it is pretty thin. When they shoot it on you can ask for a certain thickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I stopped by the Line-X place on Broadway, asked for a quote to do the bed of my truck. They were about a $100 more than the Rhino line guys. Not sure if there product is more superior than Rhino. I had a Rhino liner on my 2000 Silverado for 5 years never a problem.

The nice thing about having it done is the thickness of the product. If you roll it on yourself it is pretty thin. When they shoot it on you can ask for a certain thickness.
You can apply it by spray yourself fairly cheap too! Buy a used texture gun at the pawn shop or where ever! Does a great job and actually isn't to bad to clean up although the gallon of Zylene will cost more than the texture gun did!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 AM

I did roll on Hurculiner myself and think it came out allright. I paid around $150 for liner and supplies and spent a couple of days doing it.